Position Title: Enrollment Advisor - International
Department Name: Recruitment
Position Reports To: Director of International Enrollment & Admissions
FLSA STATUS: Salaried
Salary Range: $64,480 - $66,560
Benefits: The University's comprehensive benefits program
Days & Hours: Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Standard work schedule is 9:00 am to 5:30 PM (may be adjusted). Flexible schedule may require evening and weekend hours, based on student lead region. This is a remote position.
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Under the direction of the Enrollment Manager/Director, the Enrollment Advisor-International qualifies, advises, guides, educates, consults, and supports qualified potential international students in achieving their professional and personal goals by enrolling in one of the University's degree or certificate programs.
Student leads are provided to the Enrollment Advisor who is then expected to engage in consultative, relationship-building activities to nurture qualified leads into applicants, review submitted application documents, and submit completed application files for review.
The Enrollment Advisor will be responsible for quality outbound calls, quality inbound calls, lead contact activity, completed applications of qualified students, minimum average activity productivity, professional and positive attitude, exceptional level of customer service provided from lead stage through enrollment, fostering of working relationships, goal achievement, in-depth program knowledge, CRM database management and organization, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
The Enrollment Advisor is expected to collaborate with International Agents, partnerships, and other departments that may include: the Financial Aid Office, Registrar, Student Accounts and the University's Schools and Colleges, among others, to assist students through the enrollment process towards lead conversion.
As the main University representative to students, the Enrollment Advisor will be responsible for an exceptional and complete customer enrollment experience from lead insertion through the offer of admission in which performance is tracked via conversion rates and daily activity.
Specifically, the Enrollment Advisor - International will:
- Assess potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in various degree and certificate programs.
- Update and maintain all student communication, log each activity, and take detailed notes via the CRM aligning with departmental processes and policies.
- Receive and follow-up on potential students via multiple communication paths including, but not limited to phone, email, SMS, fax online/social media/chat, and direct mail student inquiries relating to obtaining advanced degrees.
- Qualify and advise students for various academic programs using a holistic advising/counseling model.
- Assist students with the enrollment process from lead creation through the admissions decision.
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a degree or certificate.
- Consistently review students in the application process to ensure they are informed of their requirements and deadlines.
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, and monthly activity, conversion, and enrollment goals as set forth by the Enrollment Management Department
- Review all applications and help to administer the admissions decisions process as developed and defined by the individual School/College in conjunction with the Enrollment Management department.
- In consultation with the Enrollment Manager/Director, determine if a case is a special admission case or ambiguous case for admission and make requests for review or for exception to policies to the designated school/program director.
- Document and communicate with potential students and on admission requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, deferrals, change of program, readmission, application questions and any other program application related issues.
- Review and verify all incoming application documents including, but not limited to: unofficial transcripts, statement of purpose, resume, test scores, official transcripts and evaluations, etc.
- Ensure organizational and departmental policy and procedures are followed regarding security and confidentiality pertaining to the collection/or use of personally identifiable information.
- Strictly adhere to organization procedures regarding security and confidentiality of student financial and FERPA protected information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred or working toward completion of a college degree
- International student experience required.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in customer service, account management or relationship building in Higher Education (Admission, Academic Advising, Financial Aid or Registrar).
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases, customer relationship management systems
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written skills
- Speaking, reading, and writing English is required. Additional language fluency strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively via internet-based media or social media
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to work well under time pressure and meet deadlines and goals
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Customer service oriented
To apply: Please go tohttp://www.ggu.edu/jobsto submit an application, letter of interest, and a resume.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check.
Golden Gate University is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g., family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all especially women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.