Title Code: D01124
Coordinator: International Baccalaureate PYP (School Based)
This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available.
Serves as the school based International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program Coordinator providing school, community and system leadership. Works directly with District IB Office, content area offices and school administration to support implementation and the instructional goals of an IB World School. This position is a full-time, non-teaching position and requires flexible scheduling to accommodate participation in Magnet program and community events outside of regular school hours.
Additional Work Days/Hours
Based on the assignment, the following additional work days and/or hours may be required as needed:
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Outside of normal business hours
- Coordinates all aspects of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program for assigned school, provides instructional leadership to the faculty and staff and collaborates with the IB Program Coordinator, school administrators, local and global IB World schools, and other offices on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors and observes the implementation of the school improvement plan and makes recommendations. Conducts classroom visits and teacher observation.
- Develops, communicates, and monitors an action plan, aligned to IB Standards and Practices, that promotes program growth and student success, and supports the vision of the school and school district.
- Provides leadership to the school community; regularly keeps faculty and administration informed on IB matters related to the IB Diploma Programs and all new/revised IB Primary Years Program (PYP) Programme publications.
- Facilitates outcome based collaborative planning, professional development, and meetings for teachers to develop teacher capacity; provides regular verbal and written feedback to teachers regarding program implementation for purposes of growth and improvement.
- Sets and monitors goals, academic progress and well-being of students in the program; promotes program awareness, facilitates support services and contracts when appropriate; serves as mentor for students and provides student support through parent meetings/conferences, school and community information sessions during and outside the instructional day.
- Collects and maintains data, student records and portfolios, shares data analysis and provides quarterly written reports.
- Supports multiple exhibitions and initiatives which includes informing faculty, administration, parents, and students aware of their significance.
- Recruits new students to the program through school visits, information sessions and marketing materials, responsible for the student application process for the school.
- Manages budget for assigned school and annual budget reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the same classification or lower.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- Master's Degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Three (3) years successful classroom teaching experience, preferably in an International Baccalaureate designated school required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of school organization, goals, and objectives with emphasis on curriculum design and instruction.
- Ability to model effective, research-based instructional strategies and promotes a collaborative culture reflective of an IB school.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and to lead a team in program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of current trends and research in field of specialization.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write effectively.
- Excellent personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with students, staff, and parents.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with community and school partners.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills as required for the position to include the ability to use technology to design and deliver training modules and incorporate instructional technology tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Video/Web Conferencing, Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or PowerPoint preferred).
Licenses and Certifications
Employee must retain active licenses, certifications, and enrollment as a condition of employment.
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Standard Professional Certificate I (SPC I) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) required; or
- Hold or be eligible for Educator Certification: Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) issued by Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) preferred; and
- Hold or be eligible for Driver's License (DL) Class C Non-Commercial issued by Maryland or State of Legal Residence (MVA/DMV) required;
- Daily access to reliable transportation.
Lead Worker Duties/Responsibilities
- Train employees
- Direct the work of employees
- Maintain production/sales records
- Provide feedback to assist the supervisor's assessment of the employee's performance
- Plan the work
- Instruct employees in specific techniques and technical methods to use
- Perform same type of work as employees the Lead Worker is assigned to lead
Approved Date: Established Date: 7/1/2011 Title Code: D01124 Title: COORDINATOR: INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PYP Reports to Generic: Coordinator Reports to Specific: COORDINATOR: INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAM; PRINCIPAL; PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT (AP): LEVEL II
Division: Academics & Strategic Initiatives (ASI) Business Unit: Advanced Studies & Programs (ASP) Department: Advanced Studies & Programs Negotiated Agreement: Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County (TAAAC)
HR JOB INFORMATION
Unit: I Days Worked: 193 FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt Grade:
Click HERE to view salary scale. Scroll down to locate (Unit 1 - Teachers).
Essential Job: Months Worked: 10 Hours Worked: 7.5 Job Family: Educational Services Sub-Function: Department Chair (DC)