Requisition #: A-93183-3 Status: Part Time Type: Faculty School: School of Education Location City: Baltimore Location State: MD Location Zip Code: 21218 Closing Date: Open until filled To apply: apply.interfolio.com/93183 General Description
The ITGL(International Teaching and Global Leadership Cohort) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU) invites applications for an adjunct faculty position. ITGL prepares international educators to become innovative education leaders, with the knowledge and skills to transform schools, systems, and other fast-changing learning environments around the world. Coursework includes both core and focus area courses and provides our candidates with the opportunity to build a solid foundation of theory and practice.
This position is based in the Baltimore area. Compensation is based upon contracted work and SOE established course rate of pay for adjunct faculty assignments. Responsibilities:
- Teach Introduction to Entrepreneurship in Education during the fall semester on Thursdays from 9:00 am - 11:30 in Baltimore.
- Implement best instructional practices, providing ongoing written and verbal feedback, supporting and grading assignments, and incorporating technology.
- Attending program meetings and required program professional development
- Collaborating with other instructors in support of students.
- Participate in personal professional growth in collaboration with Johns Hopkins School of Education
A graduate degree (M.A. or higher) related to Entrepreneurship and Education; experience in educational leadership, extensive knowledge of entrepreneurship and education. Application Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately. To apply, submit a letter of interest and statement of qualifications for the position; current curriculum vitae or resume; and three (3) letters of recommendation attesting to your qualifications for teaching at the University level. Questions regarding adjunct faculty responsibilities may be directed to Dr. Isaak Aronson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry.
To apply for this position, visit: apply.interfolio.com/93183
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
- During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
- The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.