Serve as part of a dynamic, energetic team that supports the established enrollment goals for the College of Law. Assist in planning, organizing, and executing the College of Law's recruitment and admissions programming. Provide admissions counseling to prospective and admitted students. Provide general financial aid counseling to new and continuing students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning, management, and administration of the College of Law student recruitment process. Promote the visibility of the College of Law. Engage with prospective students to increase awareness and interest in the College of Law.
- Assist in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies designed to ensure that the College of Law meets its enrollment goals.
- Represent Stetson Law at college fairs, LSAC forums, pre-law conferences and other student recruitment events.
- Meet with and counsel prospective and admitted students, virtually and in-person, regarding the application process (new and transfer), matriculation steps, assist with yield and retention efforts, and counsel on scholarship process orally and in writing.
- Meet with and counsel new and continuing students regarding general financial aid inquiries including the federal aid application process, requirements for eligibility, the process for change in financial circumstances, rights and responsibilities regarding student aid, academic progress requirements and procedures for appealing, and other information related to maintaining student scholarships and
- Assist with special event planning (e.g. Open Houses) and serve as lead on several on- and off-campus prospective and admitted student events.
- Organize webinars for prospective and admitted students.
- Oversee annual updates and implementation of the Student Portal content for New Student Orientation.
- Assist in updating and maintaining Admissions webpages on the Stetson Law website.
- Create blogs and email content for HubSpot. Create social media content.
- Assist in coordinating diversity pipeline programs; events and activities Develop and maintain strong partnerships with pre-law advisors, both regionally and nationally at targeted institutions.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs and various student organizations to promote current student participation in recruitment outreach and events.
- Collaborate with Development and Alumni Relations to promote alumni involvement with new student recruiting.
- Assist in providing campus tours for individual campus visitors, small and large groups as needed.
- Participate in application file review as requested.
- Serve on campus committees as requested.
- Stay abreast on current issues in legal education and higher education in general.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a collaborative work environment and work well with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree required; Law Degree preferred.
- At least three years of successful, progressive, and responsible professional experience.
- Experience working in higher education in areas of admissions, student recruitment, financial aid, or student affairs.
- Proven ability to recruit and counsel prospective students.
- Experience effectively recruiting ethnically and culturally diverse as well as first-generation populations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, presentation and organizational skills.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work as part of a team and student-focused combined with a high level of energy, dedication, creativity, self-motivation, and willingness to collaborate with others within the law school community.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- This position requires travel, as well as the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with: Unite, Inbound Marketing Certification, HubSpot, Web Garage (or other web editing software), is a plus.