How to Apply
Candidates should submit the following as one document: Cover Letter / Letter of interest
One page statement that discusses/shares a recent experience; what was learned from this experience, and what you did with what you learned.
In order for the Career Portal system to accept a cover letter and one page statement, please include these as a page of your resume document.
The School of Social Work seeks a candidate to provide assistance with student and administrative support in the Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management. The candidate in this position will work as a member of a high functioning unit with a myriad of interactions across administrative units within the School of Social Work including the Dean's Office, Associate Deans' Offices, MSW Program Director's Office, the SSW Career Center and the Office of Field Education.
Student Services Support (50%)
- Coordinate and participate in all student engagement activities including registration, orientation, academic planning, retention, and commencement
- Coordinate all accommodation service delivery and liaison with University resources including Services for Students with Disabilities
- Collaborate with Online and On-Campus Program Managers
- Support School of Social Work Student organizations and student support meetings
- Manage student support data
- Provide informational presentations to promote the MSW program
- Coordinate and participate in student recruitment and admissions activities including, evaluating applications for admission, attending Admission Review Team meetings and meeting with admitted students (in-person, zoom, phone meeting)
- Contact applicant recommenders to gather information for admissions decisions, meet with prospective MSW students (in-person, zoom, phone meetings), and assist with pre-admission interviews
- Supervise MSW student workers in recruitment and student support efforts
- Master's degree (in Social Work, preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in graduate education and working with graduate students
- Demonstrated experience in college level recruitment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, excellent problem-solving abilities, ability to understand and improve upon complex processes, strong attention to detail, and ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and situations
- Ability to work some evenings as needed to support student programming
- Ability to work in-person at the School of Social Work in Ann Arbor, Michigan, at least 3 days/week
- Demonstrated knowledge of the University of Michigan School of Social Work MSW program
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Opening ID
Assistant Director of Student Services
Student Affairs Program Mgr
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
School Social Work
School of Social Work
Posting Begin/End Date
11/07/2023 - 11/21/2023
$68,000.00 - $72,000.00
Academic & Student Services