Our Admissions Representative opportunity will play a key role in bringing new students into our career programs and providing them with the opportunity to achieve their goals. You will serve as a recruiter and advisor to guide our students into their educational journey.
PMI invites you to join our Admissions Team in Phoenix, AZ!
Excellent Compensation! Great Benefits! Employee Owned!
If you have a strong background in sales, are highly goal-oriented results-driven, and consider some of your strengths to be communication, relationship building, follow-through, accountability, change management, and teamwork- you are encouraged to APPLY!
Our ideal candidates have work experience in:
- Student Admissions
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Competing and Succeeding
Our Ideal candidates are passionate about:
- Motivating people
- Building relationships
- Change Management
- Achieving Goals
- Career Guidance
- Collaborate with your Campus Director and Corporate Director of Admissions to ensure that new student targets are met.
- Advise the Corporate Director of Admissions of relevant activities and issues.
- Ensure compliance with all standards of PMI, including all federal and state laws and accreditation requirements.
- Initiate contact with prospective students via software, phone, email, text, and other communication mediums to provide proactive guidance and support.
- Maintain regular contact with applicants through exceptional communication from the beginning of the enrollment process to the first day of class.
- Facilitate the applicant's chosen educational pathway by guiding them through the admission process.
- Interview prospective students interested in attending a career program by established guidelines.
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to Web/Email inquiries.
- Explain academic programs and answer applications, enrollment, and course inquiries.
- Utilize reports and tracking tools to assess individual progress against key performance indicators (i.e., student contacts, interviews, admissions application processing, completion of student retention activities, and student outreach).
- Input information into a database and follow up with applicants to update statuses.
- Coordinate campus tours.
- Contact prospective students to inform them of future openings for classes.
- Advise students about the various programs and facilitate resolutions to problems on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate required assessment tests, review results, and determine ability to benefit with independent test administrator.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid staff to determine students' eligibility and start date.
- Analyze statistics such as enrollments, starts, follow-ups, and marketing data.
- Set and monitor applicant expectations throughout the admissions process and promote effective communication between financial aid, student outreach, and other departments to ensure a seamless experience from the applicant to a new student.
- Attend job and career fairs and make high school visits to represent Pima and recruit prospective students.
- Participate in evening and weekend work rotations for the Admissions department, as requested.
- Demonstrate and promote high ethical standards set by Pima Medical Institute, the Department of Education, accreditation, and regulatory bodies.
- Prioritize and manage time to achieve monthly goals consistently.
- Facilitate and contribute to strong, positive relationships within the team, department, and inter-departmentally.
- Embrace innovation and change in a fast-paced environment, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Receptive to coaching and feedback, demonstrating the desire to achieve and exceed goals.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of education sales/admissions and recruitment experience.
- Private, proprietary school experience preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of problem-solving, conflict resolution, and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Ability to build and sustain trusting relationships
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.