- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Greater Allegheny seeks a dynamic Associate Director of Student Affairs. This position includes direct oversight of residence life, diversity and inclusion programming, student activities, clubs/organizations, student career programming, orientation, and conduct. This position focuses on the day-to-day management of operations for each of these areas within student affairs, as well as serving as the liaison and primary contact for these areas to students, parents, faculty, staff, and Penn State University Commonwealth System stakeholders.
This position also includes the supervision of two professional staff members and student staff. The Associate Director serves as an integral member of the Division of Student Affairs and reports to the Director of Student Services and Engagement.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Direct oversight of the residential living program
- Collaboration and continual communication with the Housing and Food Services Operations
- Providing direction, supervision, and training to 2 professional staff coordinators in Residence Life
- Coordination of Higher Education 302 course for Resident Assistants and Student Leadership
- Developing and implementing diversity and multicultural programs that build awareness and foster understanding and inclusion
- Designing, coordinating, and facilitating, educational, cultural competence, diversity, and social justice workshops
- Providing direction, supervision, and training to the Co-curricular Engagement Coordinator and co-plan and assess extra-curricular activities and events for students
- Serve as the liaison to the central University Park and regional CAST groups
- Develop, publicize, execute, and assess a program of extra-curricular activities and events for students at Greater Allegheny that are of interest to a diverse student body
- Additionally provide programming specifically for commuter students
- Creating, and executing contracts annually between the university, artists, vendors, and sponsors
- Serve as the lead coordinator for student career-based programming
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience in higher education
- The successful candidate will be an energetic and motivational leader who is adept at delegating duties and responsibilities, has experience with budget management, working with multiple campus and community stakeholders, and strong verbal and written communication as well as a demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
This position requires the following clearances:
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
- This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties.
- A valid driver's license is required
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Policies