Together, Making a Difference
Are you an educator who is passionate about helping people learn, grow, and achieve their goals? Opportunity Services (OS) is seeking an outgoing and driven individual to be our next Student Services Specialist! At OS, we support students and adults with disabilities as they work towards achieving their employment goals. Our culture at OS is defined by our emphasis on teamwork through supporting and listening to one another throughout the organization.
As a Student Services Specialist, you will split your time between providing vocational training to students in a classroom setting, working individually with students to identify and develop their work skills, and collaborating with schools, business partners and your OS coworkers to help students succeed in an employment setting. Our Student Services Specialists play a vital role in achieving our mission to assist each OS consumer make meaningful contributions in our community.
Hours and Benefits of the Student Services Specialist:
- The starting pay range for this position is $21.00-$26.00 per hour depending on education level and previous experience.
- Primarily Monday to Friday daytime hours. Occasional nights/weekends may be required.
- Benefit offerings include:
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums paid by employer. Family coverage is also available.
- Dental, Vision, & Disability Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Assistance (we pay $500 towards your student loans every 6 months!)
- Retirement Savings Bonus escalating up to 5% of your base wage
- Employer contribution to a Dependent Care FSA
- Opportunities for advancement
Responsibilities of the Student Services Specialist:
- Creating lesson plans surrounding soft skill training and activities to support employment.
- Assisting students with identifying individual abilities, vocational potential and developing existing skills to gain and maintain meaningful employment.
- Providing job related instruction including soft skill training and career pathway information and tools in a classroom setting.
- Assisting any student obtain employment who is actively engaged in the process.
- Serving as a mentor for students' job success and employment stability.
- Providing pre-employment, on the job training, job coaching, retention services and follow-along supports per each student's individual needs and desires.
- Serving as a liaison and community connection with business and industry personnel, stakeholders, and consumer teams.
- This includes developing and building relationships with school administration and staff, employers and area businesses.
- Completing administrative tasks in a timely manner
- A Bachelor's degree in education or a related field is strongly preferred
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- Clean driving record
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on a personal vehicle
- Attention to detail and accurate and timely completion of duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including independent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with staff, supervisors, students, and school teams.
- Presentation skills, including the ability to disseminate ideas and lessons to a variety of learning levels.
Position also known as: Job Coach, Education Specialist