LOCATIONS: Mills Middle School
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Social Work/Sociology/Counseling
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOALS: To serve as a liaison between the parent(s) in the home and the faculty in the school.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES *:
- Identify all academically disadvantaged students within the assigned school(s) according to the district established criteria.
- Make home visits to promote the concept of parental involvement in the educational process.
- Provide sessions for parents based on needs delineated by a needs assessment instrument completed by the parents.
- Develop a referral agency guide.
- Establish a network of resources that can be used to meet the physical and emotional needs of the identified students.
- Work with building-level administrators, parents, and students on attendance and behavioral problems exhibited by students identified for the program.
- Maintain records of activities for reporting purposes, program evaluation, and personal development.
- Know Board of Education policies, district and school guidelines and regulations and adhere to the same.
- Participate in the district held services.
- Acts as the homeless and foster liaison at the local school level.
- Work with students in the ALE program.
- Serve as a liaison between agency and school
- Work with teachers and students on social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Individual and small group counseling with students.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 1- Support Staff Daily Salary Schedule ($182.62/day - $298.74/day depending on relevant experience)
Length of Contract: 187 contract days
FLSA Status: Exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE **:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at** www.pcssd.org . Personnel currently employed by the District who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : November 18, 2023 (or until filled - emergency posting)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.