MGRM Pinnacle (Pinnacle Charter Schools), Tempe, Arizona, United States (On-site)
We are searching for a supportive, enthusiastic advisor to promote student success through the implementation of a comprehensive school guidance and graduation program which addresses the academic, career, and social-emotional needs of students. The advisor also contributes to school-wide college and career readiness efforts.
- Assist in the development of an intervention plan for each student for the purpose of ensuring student success in meeting graduation requirements.
- Conducts transcript, academic, and behavioral data reviews for each identified student.
- Assign courses based on a thorough review.
- Support a caseload of students in terms of creative interventions, problem-solving, and counseling in order to help students achieve academic goals.
- Assess the students' physical, social/emotional, and economic needs.
- Establish a desirable working relationship with parent/guardian to assure constructive parental participation and involvement.
- Proactively contact students by phone and email to ensure levels of engagement are met and to provide encouragement and support to achieve consistent levels of progress.
- Receive incoming calls from students and parents regarding questions, concerns and feedback and provide timely responses.
- Monitor student attendance, and intervene when necessary to ensure regular attendance.
- Responsible for processing student withdrawals that are no-shows for 10 consistent days.
- Contact all students within ten days of dropping out and continually in weekly intervals for the purpose of offering re-enrollment opportunities.
- Assist with department data entry requirements as necessary.
- Communicate dropout prevention program news with the school’s administration and staff regularly and consult with the department regularly on growth, needs, and concerns.
- Provide or refer student services and resources to meet student needs.
- Collaborate with teachers and other school personnel.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all community agencies and their resources.
- Accurately document contacts, attempted contacts, interventions, and general information regarding students that will aid in the achievement of students’ goals. Note successful strategies resulting in changed behavior, reinforcement of positive behavior, and/or increased engagement.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, Google Suite, and web-based applications is essential.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to multitask, high degree of flexibility, results-oriented.
- Ability to be fair yet firm while interacting with students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and communication.
- Bilingual Preferred (Spanish and English).
About MGRM Pinnacle.:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Employee referral bonus
MGRM Pinnacle, Inc. is an educational technology company that provides comprehensive end-to-end software products, solutions, and services, supporting the entire educational domain from pre-K to university on a single integrated platform.