If you are a current Barnard College employee, please use the internal career site to apply for this position. Job:
Senior Admissions Officer Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment Management, the Senior Admissions Officer(s) will work closely with the Director of Admissions and other members of the admissions leadership team to execute strategies that support application growth and enrollment of talented and qualified students to Barnard. They will also coordinate key project areas within the admissions office and provide assessments to show efforts align with strategic enrollment goals. Please submit resume and cover letter Job Description: Under the supervision of the Dean of Enrollment Management, the Senior Admissions Officer(s) will assume one the following special project responsibilities:
- Act as liaison to the Opportunity Programs Office, including working with the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) and the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP), including process management, applicant evaluation, and program planning.
- Serve as a member of the communications/marketing team. Responsible for coordinating all social media marketing, office website management and maintenance, and creating editorial content for website/blogs/social media. Includes developing strategy, content, timeline and implementation.
- Coordinate on-campus and virtual events, including Fall and Summer Open House, Becoming Barnard (Spring Yield Events), Barnard Bound, and other virtual college planning events.
- Act as liaison to all scholars programs, including Science Pathway Scholars Program, Double Degree Program with the Jewish Theological Seminary/List College, Scholars of Distinction and Bridgewater Scholars Program, including application, evaluation and program planning management.
Other Duties May include:
- Coordinate and oversee Barnard Student Admissions Representatives, including coordinating scheduling, hiring, training and development.
- Oversee Barnard Student Admissions Representative (BSAR) Committees related to project area.
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements: GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- NCAA Division I-Ivy Athletic liaison, liaison to music lesson exchange programs (Juilliard and Manhattan School of Music); assistance with Double Degree Program with JTS selection; assistance with Barnard scholar programs selection.
- Participate in the recruitment process, both virtually and in-person. May include domestic and/or international travel to meet with prospective students, their families and college counselors, representing Barnard at college fairs, speaking on panels, and representing Barnard at professional meetings and conferences.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of students to the first-year and transfer class. May also conduct interviews for first-year candidates for admission.
- Handle telephone and email inquiries about admission procedures and requirements, schedule for visits, status of applications, etc
- Perform additional tasks, such as special projects, research, and the development of reports, as assigned by the VP and Dean.
- Bachelor's degree from a liberal arts institution
- Two or more years of experience in college admissions or related positions.
- Strong understanding and experience in social media marketing
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Understanding of the values of a liberal arts education for women and the ability to articulate them effectively.
- Highly developed written and public speaking skills.
- High degree of organizational and management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in partnership with others.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with pressure and to handle a large workload to peak periods.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work long hours and some weekends.
Pay Range: $63,000 - $68,000
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Company:
Barnard College Time Type: