Job ID: 265547 About Us Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Job Summary
Supports the academic mission and priorities of the University by promoting and developing relationships with parents, families, and other supporters of students from orientation through commencement, develops and implements compelling programming for all supporters that enables them to appropriately support their students' retention, progression, and graduation. Collaborates extensively with the Division of University Advancement to engage parents/families in philanthropic ways to support KSU, including oversight of the Parent & Family Advisory Council (PFAC). Uses independent judgement in ensuring programs support the vision, mission, and purpose of the university. Responsibilities Key Responsibilities
1. Provides oversight of Parent and Family Programs (PFP) including outreach, strategic planning, assessment, and program development
2. Provides oversight of all PFP communications, including managing the Owl Family Hub, developing and maintaining content calendar for Hub, social media, texting campaigns, and content managers across campus
3. Collaborates extensively with other departments within and outside of Student Affairs as well as external vendors and community contacts to address family concerns, develop effective communication and information-sharing strategies for families, and create programs to engage families
4. Responsible for developing, monitoring, and managing all revenue streams and budgeting for the department; tracks and prepares operational and budgetary reports and analyses, ensuring all programs and services operate efficiently and all procedures are followed properly
5. Particular focus on collaboration with the Division of University Advancement to implement programs and initiatives that support parent/family philanthropy at KSU including the Parent & Family Advisory Council (PFAC) and the Parent & Family Giving Society for leadership-level donors
6. May supervise professional staff, graduate student assistant, or undergraduate student workers
7. Manages Parent and Family Association (PFA) membership and benefits for all parents, families, and other supporters of enrolled KSU students
8. Provides support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of the department, as requested Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher educationRequired Experience
Five (5) years of experience related to position Preferred Qualifications Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in student affairs, higher education or related fieldPreferred Experience
Five (5) years of related experience, including increasingly responsible experience with family relations, university giving, and/or program management or development
Prior experience with CampusESP Proposed Salary
The offer range for this position is approximately $51,600 to $65,000 and offers are based on relevant experience.
Generous benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more!
Visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits/index.phpKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to develop relationships with campus and community stakeholders
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Keen understanding of the role parents and families, as well as other supporters, play in students' college success
Commitment to and understanding of programs, initiatives, and factors involved in increasing students' retention, progression, and graduation
Proficient with basic computer applications and programs associated with the position, or able to quickly learn software, particularly including CampusESP and social media platformsSKILLS
Highly skilled at project management and presentation skills
Excellent initiative, teamwork, independent judgment, organization, and communication (verbal and written as well as exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills, particularly related to listening, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with federal and state law, Board of Regents policy, and University policy, the University prohibits harassment of or discrimination against any person because of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran or military status by any member of the KSU Community on campus, in connection with a University program or activity, or in a manner that creates a hostile environment for members of the KSU community.
For additional information or to file a complaint under the provisions of this policy, students, employees, applicants for employment or admission or other third parties should contact the Office of Institutional Equity at English Building, Suite 202, email@example.com, or by making a report here.Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
This position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.