Online Admissions Counselor D’Youville
Come join an innovative team! This is a place-based position (not eligible for remote work) located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY. D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students. D’Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success. Position Summary
Over that last three-years D’Youville has launched 17 new online degrees and continues our strategic plan to rapidly expand our portfolio of online programs. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to contribute to our growth and most importantly the educational success of our students. The Online Admissions Counselor serves as a guide for prospective online students as they navigate the application and enrollment processes. Counselors are a student’s primary point of contact leading up to admission. You are expected to provide thorough information about our online degree programs. You also serve as a link to other departments for students’ questions about topics like transcripts, tuition and transferring credits. Your ultimate responsibility is to support prospective students in pursuing their educational goals. The ideal candidate is responsible for building strong relationships with students as they progress through the admissions process. See required and preferred qualifications for each level below. Essential Functions
Knowledge and Abilities- Required competencies, proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Initiating and responding to a high volume of inbound and outbound inquiries from a diverse pool of newly applied and admitted students. This equates to approximately 5 hours of outbound contact per day
- Successfully handle an estimated lead volume of 250-300 prospective students per month
- Communicate with newly applied and admitted students via telephone, email and virtual conferences to assist them in making informed decisions by providing timely and accurate information
- Provide courteous service to prospective and new students inquiring about the university, its academic programs, admissions requirements, policies, payment options and procedures
- Ensure a positive customer experience by being available, courteous, knowledgeable and responsive to new student needs and wants;
- Scheduling and meeting with prospective students in order to provide a comprehensive overview of the D’Youville value proposition and the benefits of a world class education
- Developing relationships with new students by utilizing the CRM to record all interactions and customizing condition-based outreach
- Effectively utilize the customer relationship management platform to adhere to established best-practice business processes that provide relevant information to newly admitted students throughout the discovery and decision-making phase;
- Evening and weekend hours may be required
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated human relation skills
- Basic mathematical skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience in a call center environment
- Ability to use a personal computer and Internet experience essential. Capable to work remote web media for remote communications and presentations
- Strong multi-tasking skills competencies required
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working or volunteering in online admission, recruiting, college access, advising, sales or marketing, ideally in a higher education setting
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume/high interaction environment
Work Remotely - NoWork Location: Buffalo, NYJob Type: Full-timePay: $38,750 - $48,750.00 per yearAdditional Salary Information
- 1-2 years of work related to online admission, recruiting, college access, advising, sales or marketing, ideally in a higher education setting
- Experience and success working with online and adult student populations through the college access and/or admission process.
- Previous online advising/higher education; customer relationship management (CRM), service center environment, previous experience with student recruitment and/or outreach a plus
The salary range reflects our good faith and reasonable estimateof the possible compensation at the time of posting, the role and associatedresponsibilities, and the experience, education, and training of the selectedcandidate.About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS as determined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyu.edu/
D’Youville University continues to grow its commitment to Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion. Remaining true to the teachings of our Patroness, St. Marguerite d’Youville, we seek to selflessly and compassionately contribute to humanity by improving the lives of individuals and society through education. D’Youville University was founded to extend a hand to those in need and equip them, through education, with the skills necessary to change the world.