Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year. Join us. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Admissions QA/Trainer works under limited supervision and guidelines, within CSHS policies and procedures. Responsible for developing, tracking and reporting of quality improvement indicators for Patient Registration. Develops and delivers new hire and continuous training and testing for admissions staff and other areas as assigned. Conducts independent quality review of individual work performance and works with managers and supervisors regarding training needs. Assists with standardizing, publishing and maintaining policies, procedures and job aids. Develops and maintains a high level of working knowledge and expertise relative to patient registration, and serves as subject matter expert. Ensures an efficient, complete and timely patient registration process that models the customer service philosophy of CSHS. The Admissions QA Trainer:
- Develops and delivers training materials, lesson plans, job aids and tests for new hire staff in classroom setting or system on-line training. Trains in such areas as medical terminology regulatory requirements, basic consent forms, customer service, telephone skills, cash collections and insurance. Monitors and provides an assessment for managers regarding the employee's performance in their initial training for determination of their ability and readiness to work in patient registration.
- Maintains and updates training modules based on regulatory requirements, new system processes, updates from insurance companies, and feedback/ changes from Patient Finance.
- Conducts ongoing reviews of staff work performance (skill, knowledge, adherence to policy and procedures, customer service, work quality, accuracy and productivity) to supplement supervisory reviews and identify training intervention to maintain, improve and enhance staff knowledge and work performance.
- Provides additional training to correct performance deficiencies and monitor improvement after training, including one-on-one intervention as needed. Works closely with managers and supervisors regarding needs, progress and next steps.
- Writes and maintains a study guide for the annual competency assessment of the admissions staff. Develops and administers monthly quizzes to prepare for the exam and administers exam by Patient Access Representative level electronically.
- Trains other areas in appropriate patient search, patient registration and scheduling process as assigned.
- Compiles and analyzes quality indicator results and provides feedback to employees and management. Identify, prioritize and work creatively to address technology issues and staff performance deficiencies that impact quality, productivity and accuracy of information.
- Prepares and presents QA reporting and staff training for management. QA performance reports include quality review indicators and outcomes, trending and reporting on errors and opportunities for improvement for assigned area and the department as a whole.
- Meets with managers and supervisors to provide training feedback, discuss training opportunities for staff members not meeting department QA goals and in the development of training curriculum.
- Works, analyzes and resolves WQs developed by the PFS department to catch account errors (e.g., stop bills, duplicate insurances, guarantor/patient mismatch).
- Analyzes the Duplicate Medical Record report and compiling data. Schedules update training to correct performance deficiencies.
- Develops and delivers training using adult learning theory; displays visual and content quality and demonstrates excellent presentation skills.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA concerning patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of information systems and applicable technologies used in the department (e.g., CS-Link, ADT, Prelude, Cadence).
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in training, education or another related field preferred
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) must be obtained within one year of hire.
- 2 years in hospital registration or other medical/payer related experience required.
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
Working Title: Admissions QA Trainer (Hybrid)
Department: Training/Support Servs-Pat Acc
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Administrative
Job Specialty: Admissions/Registration
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $69,900.00 - $108,200.00
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law.