Assistant Director for Global Engagement
Job Identification: 15864
Job Schedule: Full Time
What We Are Looking For
The Assistant Director for Global Engagement (ADGE) works to advance strategic initiatives and partnerships of the Center for Global Engagement (CGE) at Baylor in ways that fulfill the University mission.
A Master's degree, three years of relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith is required. A Doctoral degree and five years of relevant work experience is preferred.
A valid Texas Driver License with a clear driving record of at least two years is required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
The ADGE reports to the Vice Provost for Global Engagement and works with the senior leadership team within CGE to advance a culture of belonging, strategic planning & partnerships, and continuous quality improvement. This position oversees and develops programs that offer increasing access to global engagement, greater visibility for international students. The position also coordinates strategic planning and manages program & learning assessment for CGE. This dynamic position plays an important role in collaborating across CGE and with staff, faculty, and other campus stakeholders to maintain existing and develop new co-curricular, interdisciplinary, and inclusive global engagement opportunities at Baylor.
• Amplify and maintain a culture of belonging for global engagement for study abroad, international student and scholar services, and global gateway programs by the administration of programs, collaboration with campus partners, conducting training/workshops, and strategic interventions (e.g. Global Baylor, Global Scholars etc.).
• Coordinate a culture of continuous improvement for the betterment of global engagement by leading CGE-wide data collection, program & learning assessment goals for all units of CGE. This includes working with designated campus partners and the VPGE to collect data, assess program interventions, create reports, and make data-driven decision about existing global engagement at Baylor.
• Collaborate with CGE and Baylor constituents to build new programs and global partnerships that promote global engagement on campus or in the world for a Christian, R1 university that seeks to prepare students for worldwide leadership & service. This includes using data to make decisions around new geographic partnerships, international recruitment, developing and implementing policies for new modes of internationalization (e.g. COIL, exchange, third-party provider programs, etc). Seek new audiences for global engagement (e.g. alumni, staff, continuing education, etc.).
• Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission
• Ability to comply with University policies
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to https://www.baylor.edu/hr/index.php?id=949184
Explore & Engage
Learn more about https://www.baylor.edu/about/ and our strategic vision, https://www.baylor.edu/illuminate/. Also, explore our great hometown of https://www.baylor.edu/waco/ and the many opportunities to https://www.baylor.edu/waco/index.php?id=970687 If you are new to Central Texas, https://vimeo.com/452638883
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4795932
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.