Admissions Representative I - Military/Adult/GlobalPopulations
REPORTS TO:Director - Admissions, Adult SALARY:$42,000 - $47,000SUMMARY:
This position will establish and maintain internal and external partnerships to generate Military, Adult, and Global student inquiries, and secure applications for admission. Utilizing an entrepreneurial spirit, Admission Representatives will develop an enrollment strategy to meet their objectives specifically focusing on Military, Adult, and Global students. Admissions Representatives must successfully transition new students into developing working relationships with Advisors. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Generate Military, and Adult admissions inquiries through personal and professional contacts, corporate partnerships, community organizations, current students, alumni, and other lead generation initiatives. This includes: Inbound and outbound phone calls, scheduled and unscheduled appointments, lead cards, web inquiries, admission applications, and internal and external events. As well as travel to military bases, and other campuses as required.
- Continuous achievement of follow-up activity policies and communication plans for prospective students, and demonstrate an adaptive recruiting approach as appropriate for each student.
- Remain the point of contact for all new students from inquiry to start of classes, facilitating the transition to the advisor.
- Assist students with financial aid planning, military benefits, and scholarship opportunities.
- Perform unofficial transcript evaluations.
- Document all prospective student and new student interactions in the appropriate student information systems.
- Efficiently utilize computer systems and databases to research, analyze, and present data.
- Assist in assigned student recruitment events.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the University and community.
- Attend and participate in required training programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of all academic programs, customer service, financial aid, internal processes, and student types.
- Adhere to all privacy (i.e. FERPA) rules and regulations.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies.This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous military service experience is highly preferred.
- Military recruiting experience preferred.
- Prior experience communicating and establishing rapport with military educational institutions and staff preferred.
- Associates Degree required.
- Bachelor degree (from accredited institution), As a condition of an offer of employment, Davenport University ultimately requires a bachelor degree. A development plan will be implemented with your supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful outside sales or account management experience required. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, motivation and self-direction.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and manner.
- Demonstrated ability toeffectively plan,meet deadlines, and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with technology systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills required.
- Must be highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: standard criminal background check and employment reference checks.Select positions may be subject to drug/alcohol screening.
- Business office environment.Prolonged sitting and standing.Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).Moderate travel, including overnight stays.
- Lifting of 25 lbs. or more as warranted for business presentations.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Revision Date: 10-12-2022