St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
We are seeking a full-time International Student Support Specialist
who will assist in the processing of current and prospective international student's documents for Visa applicants. This position also maintains college compliance with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) by serving as a Designated School Official (DSO) for all F-1 visa students.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists international student applicants with the admissions and student visa process. Provides technical assistance with the gathering of proper financial, family and/or sponsorship documentation.
- Continuous review of current international students to ensure their files are consistently up-to-date in SEVIS and for the College, and in compliance with the Department of Homeland Security and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Assists the Director of International Student Services with new student orientation and other events when needed.
- Participates in on-campus department and recruitment events, as well as international education professional development opportunities.
- Provides international students with advising and assistance in aspects related to compliance, admissions, and support resources.
Associate degree or three years of related experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor degree preferred
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer