Position Overview Position Title
Director of International Admission Department
522000 - Admissions Position Type
Regular Position Classification
Full-Time, 12 months Grant/Gift Funded (all or a portion)?
No If Temporary or Grant Funded, Start Date and End Date
Position Description/Posting Details Posting Number
S1033P Position Summary
The Director of International Admission has the primary responsibility and oversight for the recruitment, processing, admitting, and enrolling of all full-time undergraduate and graduate international students. The Director will be responsible for coordinating enrollment efforts with both the undergraduate and graduate admissions teams to ensure smooth and efficient processes, as well as working with International Student and Scholar Services to ensure compliance with US State Department regulations. Additionally, the Director of International Admission will also be responsible for overseeing partnerships with agents, agencies, and other third-party recruiters Essential Duties
In conjunction with the VP of Enrollment Management and the Assistant Vice President & Dean of Enrollment, develop and execute an international recruitment plan that oversees recruitment strategies pertaining to international undergraduate applications
- Track prospects, inquiries, applications, and deposits in international territories taking action as needed
- Manage a sizable international recruitment territory
- Complete and review all international undergraduate applications
- Collaborate with International Student and Scholar Services on the creation of I-20s
- Collaborate with Graduate and Adult Admission in order to support the recruitment and admission of graduate international students
- Discuss La Salle's offerings with prospective students, parents, counselors and alumni via extensive travel to high schools and college fairs within international and domestic territories
- Establish relationships with and maintain partnerships with international agents and agencies
- Assists with department and divisional sponsored events including off-campus recruitment and yield events
- Conduct regular information and one-on-one sessions for prospective students
- Knowledge and understanding of foreign educational credential systems and be able to advise on authenticity of credentials
# of Direct Reports
- Work collaboratively with other divisional and University-wide departments to enhance the student experience, especially related to on campus recruitment activities.
- Attend recruitment events to support registration and other administrative tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
N/A Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license
- Valid passport
- Previous experience in international admission
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in higher education or a related field
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Master's degree
- Capable of undertaking complex admissions responsibilities with minimal direction
- Strong customer service orientation and experience in developing recruiting and communication strategies
- Previous experience serving as DSO or PDSO
- Previous experience using Technolutions Slate CRM
- Previous experience using Ellucian's BANNER
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Evening and weekend work will be necessary during peak times
- Travel to schools and college fairs within recruitment territories, both domestic and international, as designated by the University
La Salle University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports a fully inclusive, equitable, and diverse working and learning environment. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
La Salle University offers its eligible employees comprehensive medical and dental plans, employer paid life and disability insurance, retirement benefits, generous paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and holidays), and tuition benefits such as no cost undergraduate and graduate degree programs for its employees (with no wait period) and no cost undergraduate degree programs for its employees' dependents (after completing the required years of service).
Posting Information Application Open Date
11/03/2023 Application Close Date
12/05/2023 Application Open To
Internal and External Applicants