Associate Director, Admissions - Foreign Credential Evaluation page is loaded Associate Director, Admissions - Foreign Credential Evaluation Apply locations Boston, MA (Main Campus) time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R120832 About the Opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. JOB SUMMARY
The Associate Director - Admissions supports all aspects of the Foreign Credential Evaluation process and communications for international students' applications as well as internal university stakeholders from around the globe at all nine colleges at Northeastern University. The individual in this position has supervisory responsibilities for the Foreign Credential Evaluation Unit within Graduate Admissions and will serve as an integral role in the growth of the Enrollment Management department. The person in this role will report to the Director of Graduate Admissions and are responsible for the application process for more than 70,000 international students' applications for graduate programs each academic year to facilitate the enrollment of graduate students at Northeastern University. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must have a high level of knowledge about the Foreign Credential Evaluation process. The preferred candidate will hold at least a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred. In addition, must have performed leadership roles for at least two years overseeing admissions and application processing units or have comparable significant managerial/leadership experience working for a foreign credential evaluation firm. Prior experience managing a multicultural team including hiring and coaching. Proven track record of successful strategic planning, excellent operational and systems management, effective supervisory practice, and innovative approaches to optimizing resources to meet institutional goals and a standard of excellence of service delivery. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated creative and analytical abilities. Experience working with CRM lead/prospect management processes and systems, including but not limited to application systems, Slate, and ERPs, including Banner for an educational institution. International Foreign Credential Evaluation experience must include familiarity with country-wise grading scales, conversion scales, and current with the AACRAO foreign credentials conversion scales and related reference tools and systems.
The preferred candidate will hold at least a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred or have comparable significant managerial/leadership experience working for a foreign credential evaluation firm. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES Application Process, Efficiency Management, and Operations Oversight:
- Strategically plan, implement, and manage all processes in the operations unit of graduate and professional admissions, including foreign credential evaluation/processing, International GPA re-calculation, data set integrity, and materials inventory.
- Manage and implement the process to comply with the Admission Policy Manual and Application Completion Rules for all colleges and program reviews.
- Manage and update the policies and practices, plan and execute in a timely manner, and reflect industry best practices.
- Collaborate with application processing unit & leadership serving graduate programs, including for all colleges and departments.
- Update all program content; ensure deadlines are accurate and are on a regular update cycle.
- Handle escalated prospective student issues and problem-solve any student issues or trends.
- Manage and oversee the workload to ensure performance, including college and program splits, application alpha split and turnaround times, etc.
- Responsible for all processes and activities being fully evaluated, documented, and reported on throughout the Foreign Credential Evaluation cycle.
- All Staff is fully trained on their contribution to the accurate, timely, and effective processing of workflow, and Staff is cross trained for efficiency of workflow. Operations staff must be fully trained for a specific role in addition to their common tasks of transcript evaluation, document processing, direct customer service, etc.
- Support the Director to Liaison for internal partner counterparts.
- Create strong feedback loops for senior management to highlight any insight, feedback, and trend information.
- Create and maintain online and on-ground training modules for Foreign Credential Evaluation processing.
- Maintain training manuals in collaboration with the colleges on the admissions policy and process requirements.
Enrollment Management Pre-enrollment Process and Service:
- Responsible for overall quality control for all Foreign Credential Evaluations, all application processing functions, data entry, International GPA recalculation, Foreign academic document verification, and application file completion for review and enrollment.
- Monitor progress and the quality of work being evaluated for accuracy, consistency, and thoroughness.
- Ensure quality control measures are in place for ensuring the accuracy of data entered in the admissions systems during the admissions process, within admissions systems, and to receiving systems.
- Support to conduct Quality Control checks on all decision releases and email communications.
- Serve as the liaison for data-related connections with data receiving offices.
- Address and resolve data integrity issues.
- All processes and activities will be fully evaluated, documented, and reported on throughout the admissions cycle.
Professional Development of Staff:
- Work closely with the Director for all graduate Foreign Credential Evaluation related processes and systems for the University internally and externally including vendor related systems and services.
- Day-to-day point of contact regarding application activity, pipeline, student escalations.
- Manage the application processing enrollment experience and process with constant market benchmarking and system improvements.
- Manage admissions process, technology, and communication plan through the CRM communication tools, including collaboration and automation of student and internal notifications.
- Manage the admissions processing team's quality control, including foreign transcript evaluation, International GPA recalculations, document authentication, and communications.
- Manage the application processing unit to maintain established turnaround time and performance metrics while maintaining established admissions policies consistency in part with accreditation standards.
- Support with reports for colleges/programs on pipeline movement.
- Support and communicate regularly with colleges and campuses on enrollment funnel status.
- Manage the application funnel's admissions process's optimization efforts at the University towards our global campuses and programs across colleges, including vendor related systems and services)
- Manage Professional Enrollment Management Staff.
- Lead, engage, and motivate employees. Actively support a positive team culture.
- Oversee Foreign Credential Evaluation unit to conduct business with the highest levels of customer service.
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate the work activities of the staff.
- Coordinate recruitment and hiring in alignment with business and operational needs to maintain proper staffing levels to ensure mission of organization is achieved.
- Mentor staff as necessary to ensure that they are successfully completing job responsibilities by providing direction, guidance, and support in the daily function of their duties.
- Assists employees in navigating technology and business processes and resolves issues.
- Ensures that staff are fully trained on the application systems, process, Foreign Credential Evaluation rules for all colleges, degrees, and programs, applicable university policies, international education systems, professional practices, and other admissions policies and requirements.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experiential lifelong learning. Our approach of integrating real-world experience with education, research, and innovation empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create worldwide impact.
Our global university system provides our community and academic, government, and industry partners with unique opportunities to think locally and act globally. The system-which includes 14 campuses across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, 300,000-plus alumni, and 3,000 partners worldwide-serves as a platform for scaling ideas, talent, and solutions.
The university’s residential campuses for undergraduate and graduate degrees are located in Boston, London, and Oakland, California. Our research and graduate campuses are in the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant; Arlington, Virginia; Charlotte, North Carolina; Miami; Portland, Maine; Seattle; Silicon Valley, California; Toronto; and Vancouver.
Northeastern’s personalized, experiential undergraduate and graduate programs lead to degrees through the doctorate in 10 colleges and schools across our campuses. Learning emphasizes the intersection of data, technology, and human literacies, uniquely preparing graduates for careers of the future and lives of fulfillment and accomplishment.
Our research enterprise, with an R1 Carnegie classification, is solutions oriented and spans the world. Our faculty scholars and students work in teams that cross not just disciplines, but also sectors-aligned around solving today’s highly interconnected global challenges and focused on transformative impact for humankind.