The Assistant Director of Admission works with the Director of Admission to manage recruitment and admission activities for all academic programs. Monitors and updates content on application platforms. Act as subject-matter expert for all enrollment systems. Interfaces with enrollment systems providers (e.g. CAS application platforms, Ellucian, Power Campus, Slate). Supervises Enrollment Specialists. Oversees operational aspects of application processing from inquiry to enrollment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the director of admission, oversee recruitment and admission processes for all CDU academic programs.
- Interface with university IT to assure proper functioning of current admission technologies including CAS systems, CRM Recruit, and PowerCampus.
- Act as lead subject-matter expert on upcoming migration to Slate.
- Ensure timely and accurate data transfer between various admission systems (e.g. CAS to Admission CRM) and from admission systems to registration and records.
- Generate regular internal admission reporting.
- Supervise application processing and supplemental document collection by enrollment specialists and assist in the evaluation of undergraduate records for admission eligibility.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring of enrollment specialists.
- Assist director of admission in monitoring foreign visa students. Prepare forms and reports required by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Assist in development of program-specific marketing strategies
- Serve as liaison to the Web Designer to ensure the University Admission's page is kept up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university is required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Five or more years of management experience in recruitment and admission for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Experience with admission technologies. Experience with Slate strongly preferred. Proficiency with Power Campus is desirable.
- Extensive experience managing application processing and decision making for multiple academic programs.
- Extensive experience with student information systems and other recruitment and admission technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully navigate complex issues.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with data gathering and report preparation.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Experience with admission systems such as PowerCampus, CRM Recruit, Slate
- Proficiency with MS Office
- The ability to perform highly detailed work with sustained attention and care while providing/obtaining information on numerous inquiries is paramount to success in this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to work in confined space.
- The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent work on a variety of unrelated tasks. Constant calculating interrupted work, work on a variety of interrelated tasks, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity.
- A valid driver's license, or ability to obtain a valid driver's license within thirty days of hire, is required for this job.
- Ability to travel by vehicle or air locally and state wide, and to load and transport recruitment materials, displays, and other equipment.
- Some evening and weekend hours required, especially during recruitment seasons.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has been implemented consistent with federal, state, and local laws related to medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and procedures.
Salary Range:$82,500 to $87,500/annually
Full Time EEO Statement:
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status. Fair Chance Statement:
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local "Fair Chance" laws.