Assistant/Associate Director of Admissions - Western Regional Representative
Position Description & Qualifications
REPORTS TO: Dean of Admissions
LOCATION: Remote, residing in the western part of United States
Lawrence University, a top tier college of liberal arts and sciences and conservatory of music, seeks to significantly expand our admission presence within the growing markets of the western United States (AK, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY - some states will be split with another representative). Regional representatives are responsible for the territory management, relationship development, and enhancement of the university's reputation. The regional representative will contribute to the university goal of increasing applications, admits and deposits by identifying students for admission who are most likely to thrive at Lawrence. We are looking for an intellectually curious, highly motivated, and enthusiastic person with an entrepreneurial spirit to help our team achieve our enrollment goals.
1. Build an admissions funnel within the assigned geographic territory that will meet enrollment goals.
2. Cultivate and strengthen relationships with school-based and independent counselors, alumni and other key stakeholders to meet enrollment goals.
3. Organize and travel to high schools and attend college fairs in assigned geographical territory and special populations as needed.
4. Recruit and advise prospective students and their families about Lawrence, the admission process, and financial aid either in person, virtually, on the phone, or through electronic communications.
5. Conduct interviews with prospective students.
6. Coordinate off campus recruitment programs and events.
7. Read and evaluate applications for admission.
8. Participate in campus recruitment events a few times a year.
9. Participate in workgroups or projects as assigned.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work collaboratively with staff and faculty as well as prospective students, their families, current students, alumni, school counselors, independent counselors, and a variety of other stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. 3 or more years of collegiate recruitment or related experience.
3. Valid driver's license.
4. Ability to work with autonomously while also collaborating with and contributing to a team.
5. Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects, think strategically, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative.
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate across numerous channels both internally and externally.
7. Demonstrated cultural competencies to work with diverse populations of students.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and speak in front of large groups and diverse audiences.
9. Understanding of and commitment to the ideals of a liberal arts education.
10. Experience with complex database systems and software.
11. Willingness to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, and to travel extensively.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
1. Experience using Slate or similar CRM tool.
2. Fluency in Spanish.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references who can speak to experience and skills required.
Must have successful completion of criminal record check, driving record check and reference checks.
We encourage applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by: (1) further diversifying the staff; and/or (2) demonstrating experience serving diverse populations and working successfully with diverse colleagues; and (3) showing interest in developing initiatives to address the needs of a diverse student, faculty, staff and community particularly related to antiracism.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Best Consideration Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Anticipated Number of Hours per Week