Manages the daily operations of an assigned area within the Admissions office, such as processing, recruiting, or campus visits. Oversees the activities of the staff in planning, goal-setting, and other facets of on-campus recruiting activities. Job Duties Supervises and trains staff, providing customer service, advising, transfer services, and campus information to prospective students. Collaborates with academic colleges and other university constituents to develop and implement coordinated recruitment services and objectives. Coordinates ongoing recruitment projects such as campus tours, mail-outs, phone campaigns, and UH Ambassadors. Assesses customer service provided to students and makes recommendations for improvement. Plans, organizes, and supervises university/college recruitment projects and events. Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding national and regional recruitment trends and issues unique to the University of Houston. Participates in revising and maintaining the policies and procedures for customer service procedures in the Office of Admissions. May prepare office publications and reports, including newsletters, website updates, office brochures, budgets, and statistical information. Serves on various administrative committees, represents the university on external committees, and participates in internal and external international student programs.
Represents the department at events as needed. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Minimum 3-5 years preferred of professional work experience doing the following:
- Managing large-scale events (including working with vendors, managing communications, overseeing and recruiting volunteers, managing event logistics)
- Managing and leading diverse volunteer groups with varying levels of education/experience
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Excel)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Competency in public speaking, including giving presentations to large and small groups
- Experience communicating with diverse constituents in individual and group settings
- Experience working in FileMaker and PeopleSoft
- Email Marketing communications experience and knowledge
- Database experience
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Masters degree preferred . Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.