PARAPROFESSIONAL/Paraprofessional Date Posted:
Elk Grove High School Date Available:
September 15, 2023 Closing Date:
Internal Until 9/07/2023 POSITION: Instructional Assistant-Student Services** (EGHS) 37.5 hrs./wk. Grade 4
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month Temporary & Grant Funded Position Effective September 15, 2023 - May 31, 2024GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This work involves close interaction with staff, students and parents/guardians, with the primary emphasis on the implementation of specialized or vocational education programs. An Instructional Assistant works under the direction of a licensed teacher. Must be able to react appropriately in crisis situations as well as exhibit initiative and creativity. An employee in this position works within clearly established systems and procedures, must exhibit organizational skills and exercise independent judgment and confidentiality in the performance of duties. An Instructional Assistant SS must exhibit initiative and embrace a collaborative team approach to accomplish the mission of the district. **This person will work 1:1 with a vision impaired student. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have or obtain State and NCLB Approved Paraprofessional designation in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
- Must have physical ability to lift/move supplies, materials and office equipment up to 50 lbs, as well as students needing assistance.
- Must sit at workstation for extended period of time and/or move frequently from workstation to various other areas of building.
- Must organize and prioritize workflow.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, office practices, procedures and office equipment.
- Must project a positive image of the district to students, staff and parents as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
- Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills, and communicate clearly and respectfully with students, staff, parents, visitors and the general public.
- Must have awareness of a variety of student needs including physical and social emotional needs.
- Must have the ability to adapt to all subject areas.
- May need a valid driver's license.
- Must have previous experience working with youth.
1. Assisting students under the direction of licensed staff by, but not limited to: a. tutoring b. implementing classroom procedures and reinforcing student's positive behavior c. monitoring and administering assessments as needed d. reinforcing organizational and note taking skills e. grading materials for immediate feedback f. demonstrating use of technology for instruction, drill and remediation as well as homework assignments g. helping the student achieve IEP goals h. assisting, as needed, with students' non-medical physical needs or personal care/toileting needs i. developing basic knowledge of software usage to support staff and students j. possessing the ability and willingness to learn and implement all appropriate school technology k. supporting and supervising students during non-academic setting 2. Assisting licensed staff by, but not limited to: a. helping organize and supervise off-campus programs for students b. performing classroom related clerical tasks c. assisting with lab set-up an clean-up d. explaining classroom procedures and materials to substitute teachers when necessary e. previewing instructional materials f. acting as a liaison to communicate and record data regarding student progress g. viewing student info system including attendance/IEP/504 including appropriate health information 3. Works collaboratively in assessment, academic and instructional support, student interactions, enforcing safe behaviors, and enhancing social growth of students in the school setting. 4. Participating in appropriate professional development activities in order to enhance job performance.
5. Cultivating and developing inclusive and equitable working relationships with staff, students and community members. APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Apply online. Click on the red "APPLY" button to begin an online application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.