About Orion STEM Schools:
Orion STEM Schools are trailblazers in the realm of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education. We are proud to be the first school to pioneer a Medical Science Curriculum and offer Career Exposure right from KG onwards. Alongside our STEM focus, we're passionate about equipping our students with essential life skills, including Financial Literacy, from an early age. But our commitment doesn't stop at academics. Through holistic education, we instill values of kindness, caring, and compassion, emphasizing that social-emotional intelligence is just as crucial as academic mastery. By nurturing both an entrepreneurial spirit and an empowered mindset, we aim to mold innovators, thinkers, and compassionate leaders. With a blend of cutting-edge curriculum, hands-on projects, and dedicated mentorship, we ensure our students are holistic individuals ready to shape and thrive in a complex global landscape. Position Overview:
The Director of Admissions plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of Orion STEM Schools. As the first point of contact for many families and prospective students, this role is instrumental in conveying our institution's value, mission, and vision. We seek a dynamic individual who can spearhead our admissions strategy and ensure that the students we enroll in reflect the excellence and diversity we champion. Key Responsibilities for the Director of Admissions: Strategic Outreach: Design and execute a comprehensive recruitment strategy, focusing on attracting a diverse and talented student body that aligns with the schools innovative and holistic ethos. Engagement Initiatives: Lead and manage key engagement events such as school tours, open houses, and information sessions, ensuring they resonate with Orion STEM Schools unique offerings like the Medical Science Curriculum. Seamless Admissions Journey: Oversee the entire admissions process, from inquiry to enrollment, guaranteeing clarity, efficiency, and a positive experience for prospective students and their families. Holistic Evaluation: Collaborate with academic teams to devise evaluation tools that assess both academic prowess and social-emotional aptitude in line with the school's holistic educational approach. Stakeholder Collaboration: Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams, parents, students, and the wider community, ensuring the schools value proposition is consistently communicated and refined. Data-Driven Insights: Utilize analytics to gain insights into admission trends, predict future enrollment patterns, and identify areas for improvement or innovation. Diversity & Inclusion: Actively champion and implement strategies that ensure equity, inclusivity, and diversity are central throughout the admissions process. Financial Literacy Advocacy: Highlight the importance of the schools financial literacy program during admissions outreach and engagement initiatives, ensuring prospective families understand its value. Continuous Improvement: Regularly review and refine the admissions processes, systems, and criteria to stay aligned with the schools evolving objectives and to ensure best practices. Career and Curriculum Showcasing: Emphasize Orion STEM Schools pioneering initiatives, like the Medical Science Curriculum and career exposure from KG onwards, to differentiate the school from competitors and attract forward-thinking families. Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in admissions, student recruitment, or a related field.
- Familiarity with STEM education and its significance in today's educational landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, manage projects, and execute events.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in admissions software and tools, with a keen analytical mindset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV/resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience to email@example.com and answer the following questions.
- Imagine you've encountered resistance from parents who are wary of the innovative Medical Science Curriculum for younger students, expressing concerns that it may be too advanced. How would you respond to their concerns while aligning with Orion's educational philosophy?
- During a busy admissions season, one of your team members falls ill, and their workload significantly increases the pressure on the rest of the team. At the same time, there's a suggestion from the academic team for a new angle to pitch Orion to potential students. How would you handle these simultaneous challenges, ensuring team well-being and integrating feedback from the academic team?
- Reflect on a moment in your professional journey when your passion for education was most evident. How did that experience shape your purpose in the realm of admissions, and how might that drive support Orions mission?
- Orion STEM Schools is deeply rooted in holistic education, emphasizing both academic excellence and values like kindness, compassion, and social-emotional intelligence. Describe a situation where you had to decide to prioritize values over immediate results or benefits. How would you ensure these values are maintained and communicated during the admissions process?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.