Title Information Security Sensitive Position?
Yes Hours of Work
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
Position Information Posting Number
TSU202921 Official TSU Title
PHARM.D. ADMISSIONS & ACADEMIC SERVICES MANAGER Grant Title
N/A Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
The Pharm.D. Admissions & Academic Services Manager is an integral part of the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Office of Student Services team. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining student admissions and academic success programs. The Manager maintains a regular caseload and advises prospective Pharm.D. students on degree requirements and collaborates with academic affairs, enrollment management, and student affairs to provide holistic student support. The manager operates under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Services. Essential Duties Summary
- Foster relationships with assigned ISDs, colleges, and universities; be the primary contact between the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and high school counselors/students for the onboarding of students.
- Assess and promptly respond to the needs and concerns of prospective students, applicants, and parents through various communication mediums.
- Lead and facilitate information sessions and sessions on admissions requirements for internal and prospective students, virtually and in person.
- Process applications, test scores, transcripts, and other supporting credentials for the determination of admissibility
- Host recruiting fairs and similar outreach events throughout the year to attract new students to TSU ; support ExpressRX recruitment activities and COPHS -sponsored Outreach and Recruitment events.
- Compares contents of each degree plan against the established requirements for a particular degree and notifies students of discrepancies.
- Provide assistance to all new and transfer students during orientation advising sessions for a seamless transition to TSU .
- Provide holistic student support through collaboration with academic units and the division of Student Access and Success.
- Confers with faculty or administrators regarding academic policy issues, such as acceptable course substitutes for a particular degree.
- Works collaboratively with staff and faculty in support of retention initiatives (early alerts, midterm grade outreach.)
- Acts as team lead over other Admissions Advisors, responsible for training curriculum and coordination of day-to-day operations and scheduling.
- May be responsible for one or more special projects in support of student success. Generates reports and assessments of project outcomes.
- May give advice to other, less experienced positions or provide technical leadership to job classifications performing similar work.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
1.0 Hiring Range
Commensurate with experience. Education
Master's degree with three (3) to five (5) years of admissions or advising experience in a higher education setting.
Bachelor's degree with (7) to (10) years of admissions or advising experience in a higher education setting. Required Licensing/Certification
Valid Texas Driver's License preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
- Multiple disciplines and serves as an ultimate subject matter expert in several professional disciplines and is the "go-to" expert on principles, methods, and procedures.
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Other job-related software and systems.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar application.
- Technical and functional principles and procedures.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Create methods and approaches to handle unique situations.
- Work independently.
- Advise and communicate effectively.
5 years of related experience in higher education academic advising preferred.
Managerial experience preferred. Working/Environmental Conditions
Desired start date Position End Date (if temporary)
- Prolonged standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
Posting Detail Information UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). * Do you have a Master's degree with three (3) to five (5) years of admissions or advising experience in a higher education setting? or A Bachelor's degree with (7) to (10) years of admissions or advising experience in a higher education setting?
* Do you have 5 years of related experience in higher education academic advising? * Do you have managerial experience?
- Master's degree with three (3) to five (5) years of admissions or advising experience in a higher education setting.
- Bachelor's degree with (7) to (10) years of admissions or advising experience in a higher education setting.
- None of the above.
Applicant Documents Required Documents Resume Cover Letter/Letter of Application Official Transcripts Optional Documents Other Document Reference Letter 1 Reference Letter 2 Reference Letter 3