Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for processing domestic undergraduate and transfer applications as well as international student applications for undergraduate and graduate students. Additionally, making decisions for admission to Murray State's undergraduate and English as a Second Language Program ( ESL ).
Counseling domestic and international students and advising faculty and co-workers concerning admissions and university policy, determining admission eligibility including GPA calculation, preparing requested reports, monitoring ESL schedules and projecting student enrollment for future terms. Will act as a Designated School Official ( DSO ) in regards to immigration purposes and the issuance of the form I-20. Responsible for communicating with applicants from the beginning to the end of the applicant's admission process.
- Processing graduate and undergraduate applications.
- Entering transfer coursework
- Initial residency determination for applicants
- Data Extracts.
- Perform Mail Merges/Communication.
- Monitor departmental email and respond appropriately.
- Prepare and distribute decision letters and related information.
- Assist in training additional staff as needed.
- Access Database Records, Queries & Reports.
- Authenticate/Certify Official Documents such as transcripts, diplomas, and language proficiency scores.
- Complies with SEVIS and other Federal regulations pertaining to international admissions and transfer in/out procedures for international students holding an F-1 visa.
- Responsible for communication with academic advisors, graduate program coordinators, and other offices on campus in regards to admission applications.
- Responsible for entering biographical and admission data into the Banner system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Two years of college
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Four years of administrative experience in a university, business or related setting. Additional experience or college education may be exchanged year-for-year to meet qualifications.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks and fixed deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and work successfully with the IIS team and MSU Faculty.
- Possess solid knowledge of foreign education systems.
- U.S Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident as per U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement ( ICE ) guidelines for Designated School Officials ( DSO ).
Hourly Rate: $12.75 (Additional pay dependent upon qualifications)
Minimum Salary: $12.75
- Normal working hours
- Overtime required during peak times and some additional events outside of normal working hours.
- Some local travel as needed
Work Location: Murray, KY