Make a Difference in Someone's Life!
At Monarch, we work together to provide life-changing care in communities across North Carolina. As a team, we provide hope, promote wellness, and empower individuals and families impacted by mental illness, substance use disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and traumatic brain injury. You Belong at Monarch
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment - a place where you can do your best work and grow as a professional. That is just what you'll find at Monarch. Here, we care for people, including our team members. We offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that supports full-time and part-time team members and their families. More than just a job, this opportunity with Monarch will give you room to spread your wings and grow because we believe in promoting from within and developing future leaders. Job Highlights: Schedule: This is a PRN position. Shift coverage on an as-needed basis This Opportunity:
The primary responsibility of this position will be to review and summarize referrals for admission to the Facility-based center, including ensuring authorizations are in place prior and during the length of stay. What You'll Do:
Education We're Looking For:
- Serves as the initial point of contact for all individuals in the community interested in a facility-based service. Effectively communicate with referral sources.
- Enter screening and referral information in the electronic health record system.
- Generate initial referral information about the youth and facilitate completion of supporting documentation. Present summary to the Interdisciplinary team for determination decision. Follow up with referral source on outcome of determination decision.
- Completes prior authorization within identified timeframes. Assembles information to establish medical necessity using clinical information contained in the electronic health record system to justify initial and continued service for the youth at the FBC to payors as required. Makes recommendations to the Interdisciplinary team if services are not likely to be authorized prior to end date.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Complete documentation in EHR as required. Maintain current licensure and certification in all agencies, state, and federal training requirements.
- Completes record audits for adherence to Service Definitions, UM Guidelines, DHSR and Accrediting bodies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of emergency procedures and assist in crisis situations.
- Participate in on call and afterhours coverage, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Driving and travel may be required.
Bachelors: Human Services (Required) Certifications We're Looking For:
Drivers License (Valid) - USA Experience We're Looking For:Schedule:Target Weekly Hours:
40 Monarch is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monarch offers opportunities as diverse as the people we support and the communities we serve. Monarch is an equal opportunity employer and we are firmly committed to supporting and celebrating all forms of diversity.
Monarch does not accept paper applications. Any person with a disability who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act to apply for a position or otherwise to participate in Monarch job search or selection process, should contact HR@MonarchNC.org or call (704) 986-1550.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. You will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of Monarch.