Support the student affairs responsibilities of the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs through managing student support services and resources. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the Graduate Schools student affairs operations;
- Manage student support services and activities, including but not limited to career and professional development, career advising, and student health and wellness;
- Communicate with students regularly to provide relevant information and updates and ensure students are aware of available support services and resources;
- Coordinate with the Graduate School event coordinator to organize special events programming, such as student-led symposium, invited speakers, and supporting GSA-related events;
- Oversee student recognition activities;
- Communicate with key St Jude stakeholders to promote and recognize student-related activities and achievements;
- Oversee the development of additional student support services and programming to promote student success including student handbooks;
- Collaborate with the Academic Programs Office and other student-affairs leaders at St. Jude as appropriate;
- Develop, oversee, and track student academic and professional development activities, such as tracking annual student committee meetings, as well as attendance of trainings, workshops, and presentations;
- Engage in comprehensive review of student support services and resources to facilitate institutional effectiveness and planning;
- Advance student diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Graduate School through supporting the development and implementation of activities and initiatives that promote DEI;
- Support the efforts of the Graduate School recruiter and Program leadership related to student recruitment and admissions;
- Manage activities related to student affairs for the accreditation and reaccreditation/ authorization process;
- Engage in comprehensive review of student affairs processes to support institutional effectiveness and planning;
- Assist the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the Programmatic Assistant and Associate Deans with any additional ad hoc and special projects, as necessary;
- Oversee development and maintenance of the student portion of the Graduate School website and in collaboration with the Registrar, further development of the Student Information System.
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts is required
- Masters or PhD is preferred
- Experience with project management required.
- Ability to effectively present information and resolve issues is required.
- Experience with database management is preferred.
- Prior experience in graduate education is preferred.
- Experience with accreditation is preferred.
- Experience supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership with engaging and managing teams.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.), Zoom, and other similar productivity tools preferred.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with higher education regulations preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the employee's state of residence and be insurable by St. Jude's insurance carrier. Strong communication skills required. Must be able to work collaboratively.
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer No Search Firms
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.