We are seeking faculty who are student centered to serve as the Assistant Deans in Student Affairs. The major responsibilities of the assistant deans include:
• Assist in the writing of Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs formerly known as the "Dean's letter")
• Work with the specialty advisors and the interest groups to make sure that students have sufficient mentoring.
• Help with new student orientation/white coat/ graduation.
• Assist in the development and execution of the Financial Literacy Program
• Supervise the MPOWER Learning Community.
• Assist in the development and execution of the Careers in Medicine Program
• Be present two days per week in the Office of Student Affairs
• Oversee student affairs-related issues for a given medical school class.
• Be responsible for career advising for a cohort of medical students from admission to graduation.
• Stay up to date with all changes related to career advising in the constantly changing match environment in order to fully accommodate all the needs of our students related to residency placement.
• Other duties as assigned and consistent with a 40% effort BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate must have an MD or DO, must be at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher, clinically active, and demonstrated dedication to medical students. DEPARTMENTAL PREFERENCES:
In addition, the individual should have:
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with students and faculty of UT COM
- Strong commitment to teamwork