The International Student Center Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of management of the international student center on the campus of Cal State Fullerton, including operations, budget, staff and facilities.
The Center Director is the public face of Kings and is responsible for ensuring optimum educational outcomes for the international students enrolled in the Kings program at CSUF. This position must be able to multi-task day-to-day responsibilities and develop long-term financial sustainability.
The position will work with stakeholders in developing and ensuring the best possible experience for Kings students, including but not limited to:
1) Build and maintain relationships: Works with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external, to fulfill the organization's mission.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Oversee budget responsibilities and maintain the overall financial viability of the center.
3) Mission and Strategy: Ensure that programs, strategic planning, and community outreach are consistently reviewed, analyzed, and implemented in accordance with the mission.
4) Operations: Oversees the resources necessary to ensure that the operations are efficient and effective. Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of the international student center, ensuring all processes run smoothly and efficiently, including:
- local capacity management and planning, including the management of residential housing where needed
- budget and fiscal responsibility for the center.
- local compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Foster a welcoming environment for international students by developing and implementing programs and events that support cross-cultural understanding.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that enhance the student experience and ensure the quality and integrity of student services provided by the center are high quality
- Manage the onboarding of new international students and ensure we deliver a high quality student experience from day 1, beginning with pre-departure and in-person orientations and course registration.
- Partner with CSUF departments to coordinate the delivery of essential services to international students, such as visa support, housing, and orientation.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to staff members responsible for delivering exceptional support services to international students.
- Oversee local HR functions: staff recruitment, training, goal setting, evaluation and development planning.
- Maintain accurate records and reports on enrollment, demographics, and performance.
- Collect and analyze data related to enrollment, academic performance, and support mechanisms to identify areas for improvement.
- Lead training on the CSUF program and support recruitment activity through campus webinars, campaigns, and events
- Lead, and participate in regular committees that contribute to the program on a national level.
Requirements Competency, Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Understanding of student support services for international students.
- Experience within higher education or related educational services.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate staff
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Good problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of experience working with international students
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Tact, patience and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers
- Ability to travel locally and domestically and work occasionally during evenings and weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
$70,000 - $85,000