To assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of activities that directly impact the recruitment and selection of students to the Colleges. The Assistant Director will have a full range of admissions responsibilities including regional recruitment efforts (travel, correspondence and communication with prospective students and secondary school personnel), interviewing, on-campus events, management of student assistants, and application review. Guided by the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director also oversees 1-2 functional office projects. Evening and weekend work are required at various times throughout the year.
- Management of a regional recruitment territory including school relations, communication with prospective students, interviews, application review, etc.
- Extensive travel (6-8 weeks in the fall, 2-3 weeks winter/spring) for college fairs and nights, school visits, regional gatherings, interviews and counselor engagement.
- Application review and working with colleagues on making admission decisions.
- Establish a continuum of personalized communication with prospective candidates, school counselors, and community-based organizations to strengthen their connection to the Colleges.
- Presenting the Colleges to large and small groups of prospective students and parents.
- Understand and interpret data that are a part of the admission and financial aid processes including: applications for admissions, school transcripts and related grading schemes, accepted student surveys, enrollment planning data, admissions charts, etc. , needs assessment documents.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of and embrace the Colleges’ educational philosophy and mission.
- Participate in regional college admissions associations and represent the Colleges at events and presentations.
- Act as a liaison with various student organizations, clubs, and groups as needed.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to unique social, cultural, and economic circumstances.
- Demonstrate knowledge for the Colleges’ educational philosophy and mission.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible, administrative position. This position description is not all-inclusive as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned. Yearly salary- $55,341.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- College admission recruitment, sales, marketing or related experience preferred.
- Superb written and oral communication skills and computer skills.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of enrollment CRM (Slate) helpful. Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and the names with contact information of at least three (3) professional references to our application service, Interfolio (utilizing the Apply link on the right). Background check required.
If you have a question or need help on uploading your application materials, please contact Interfolio's support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-997-8807 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. through 6 p.m., EST, Monday through Friday.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment-free educational, living and working environment for all members of the HWS community, including students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and visitors. HWS prohibits discrimination and harassment in their programs and activities on the basis of age, color, disability, domestic violence victim status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law. Discrimination on the basis of sex includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual assault, and other forms of sexual misconduct including stalking and intimate partner violence, and gender-based harassment that does not involve conduct of a sexual nature.