Job DescriptionJob Description
One of the most compelling stories in American higher education today, Trinity Washington University, seeks an experienced marketing, recruiting, and admissions leader who can produce significant enrollment results for the College of Arts and Sciences, Trinity’s full-time undergraduate women’s college. Celebrating its 125th Anniversary, Trinity is a Predominantly Black and Hispanic Serving university with coed graduate and professional programs along with the daytime women’s college. Trinity enrolls about 1800 students including 900 in the College of Arts & Sciences.
The Associate Vice President must be able to communicate effectively with high schools and partner organizations in the metropolitan Washington area and throughout Trinity’s recruiting areas; to build new partnerships and enlarge current relationships; to manage and direct the recruiting team with modern, sophisticated methods for accountability in all phases of funnel management; to work effectively with faculty and staff throughout the university; to cooperate with and support admissions leaders and recruiters for the other academic units and for transfer recruiting; and, with the vice president, to develop new strategies for enrollment development for Trinity.
Candidates for this position must be able to demonstrate a strong track record for measurable improvement in admissions performance at their prior institutions, and a clear ability to lead, manage, and motivate staff for enrollment success. Outstanding organizational skills, superb writing, and compelling oral presentation abilities are a must. Requirements:
At least 8 years of increasingly responsible experience in collegiate marketing, recruiting, admissions, and enrollment management at the university level is required. Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s required. The Associate Vice President must have a car and be able and willing to drive to locations within the metropolitan Washington region. This position is a standard 40-hour work week with an expectation of at least 5 days devoted to the responsibilities of the position, with occasional responsibilities on weekends and in the evenings. Trinity permits one remote work day per week but managers at this level have to be able and willing to spend more time on campus as duties require.Qualities of successful candidates include:
- Proven ability to develop and strengthen partnerships with high schools, school systems, college access organizations, scholarship providers, and all other entities that are part of the college-going ecosystem in the Washington region and other major markets;
- Ability to manage and direct the sales team to meet goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and ability to implement an accountability system to ensure consistent, routine reports from the field;
- Sophistication in the use of data analytics to support strategies for marketing, recruiting, and enrollment of women into Trinity’s College of Arts and Sciences;
- Commitment to Trinity’s mission as a women’s college, Predominantly Black and Hispanic Serving Institution, a Catholic university with a strong commitment to racial equity and social justice --- and the ability to promote and communicate this mission to all target audiences consistently;
- Outstanding public speaking, presentations, interpersonal communications, and other communication abilities that are part of the toolkit of successful sales.
Submit a cover letter and current resume to the online portal.
Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community among its students, faculty, and staff, and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.