Job DetailsJob Location
Misenheimer Campus - Misenheimer, NC Position Type
Full-Time Staff Education Level
4 Year Degree Travel Percentage
Travel required Job Shift
Day Job Category
This position includes oversight of the undergraduate admissions process, supervising a team of admissions staff and working with the Vice President for Enrollment to ensure goals are achieved. The Director of Undergraduate Admissions must have a fulsome understanding of the university's mission, and must possess a comprehensive grasp of admissions and financial aid policies and procedures. He/she must be able to anticipate and implement improvement opportunities, possess good judgment, and maintain confidentiality. The DOUA must direct efforts to achieve undergraduate enrollment goals, and have the ability to motivate and lead the admissions staff.
- Staff The Director of Admission has responsibility for leading a staff consisting of full-time admission counselors, assistants, and work-study positions. He/she must maintain a positive work atmosphere.
- Budget Supervise all expenditures related to the Office of Admissions. Procure bids (or work in conjunction with the Purchasing Office) for items not purchased through the bookstore..
- Territorial Assignments Responsible for approving and assigning territories, in consultation with the admissions staff. Primary, secondary, and tertiary territories shall be assigned to those staff members involved in the recruitment and counseling or prospective students.
- Computer Operations Monitor all systems related to computerization of the admission program and supervise personnel who use the computer: Jenzabar and EMP systems are currently being employed.
- Financial Aid Confer regularly with the Director of Financial Aid regarding the interface between the two offices, new programs and ideas, and specific student aid awards.
- Admissions Confer regularly with other members of the admissions counseling staff, the marketing division, the Chair of the Faculty Senate, and the Director of Athletics regarding matters related to admissions, including: recruitment, retention, mailings, training, publications, travel, alumni involvement, on-campus visitation events, scholarship day, etc.
- Mailings Assist with developing, implementing, and managing mailing timetables and strategies in consultation with marketing, development, and members of the president's cabinet.
- Evaluation of Applications Implements and oversees process of setting admissions standards and evaluation of applicants for admission. The director is a member of the admissions committee and convenes that committee on a regular basis.
- Athletic Relations Works with the Director of Athletics and coaches on efforts to coordinate athletic recruiting with admissions efforts.
- Faculty Relations Works with School Heads on integrating faculty members into admissions recruiting events, i.e. Falcon Preview Days, auditions for music students, etc.
- Miscellaneous Attend professional meetings to further knowledge of the admission profession. Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Maintain membership in and attend functions of the Carolinas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (CACRAO), the Southern Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (SACRAO), the American Association of College Admission Counselors (SACAC), the National Association of College Admission Counselors (NACAC), and the College Board..
- Travel to high schools for private visits and/or college fairs when necessary.
- Oversees all recruitment programs
- Admission's staff/assist the Campus Guest Coordinator with the supervision and training of all student workers.
- Other duties as assigned
Full time/12 month/Exempt Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from accredited institution. 3 years of admissions experience. Valid driver's license