Senior Operations Manager
Director, International Admissions & Recruitment
The Global Education Office (GEO) is seeking an energetic,creative, international enrollment management professional to direct theInternational Admissions and Recruitment (IA&R) team, generate and operationalizea recruitment strategy to increase the enrollment of internationalundergraduate and graduate students to UNM, and serve as a member of the GEO SeniorStaff leadership group. This position requires active collaboration with theExecutive Director for Global Education Initiatives in developing and improvingprocesses and procedures that result in increased recruitment and retentionrates for international students at UNM. The position must work diligently toexpand and enhance relationships with counselors at overseas schools,EducationUSA advisors, agents, and other constituencies to maintain a pipelineof diverse international students. This position also requires regularengagement with GEO colleagues and key stakeholders at the University to ensurecoordination of campus recruitment efforts and the targeted growth of the internationalstudent community at our university. To Apply
: After reviewing the full job posting, please submit your1) resume, 2) a cover letter summarizing your prior experience and explaininghow your skill set and existing professional knowledge relate to the position,and 3) provide contact information for three supervisory references. Incompleteapplications will not be considered. Plans and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative aspects of International Admission & Recruitment unit within the Global Education Office. Establishes and implements short- and long-range recruitment goals; develops an annual strategic plan for international recruitment and retention. Goals [PE1]should be shaped and informed by data generated through SalesForce, Google Analytics, and survey results and must include specific input and anticipated output results. Creates and implements an outreach campaign for prospective students to disseminate and enhance the UNM brand globally, which includes overseeing development of marketing materials (flyers, website, social media, videos, etc.). Campaign should include digital, virtual and in-person outreach with cyclical timelines and target customer reach goals. Reviews and assesses existing policies and operating procedures related to international admissions to evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and implements strategic changes required for improvement. This Includes spearheading technical projects in consultation with the IT team to improve the utilization of current software and technology. Provides advice and recommendations based on data and current market trends for GEO and Enrollment Management leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified practices and procedures related to International Recruitment & Admissions. Provides professional consultation and guidance to individual faculty members and academic departments seeking to engage in international outreach and recruitment for their specific area, including at the graduate level. Manages and provides day-to-day leadership for administrative staff engaged in recruiting activities and admission processes. Analyzes, documents, and monitors internal workflow for designated areas of responsibility for all unit staff. Ensures that unit objectives are in alignment with the UNM strategic plan. Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within IA&R, as well as the larger campus community, related to best practices and latest trends in the international enrollment field, including digital outreach and engagement options. Active collaborations with other GEO directors and unit staff on recruitment efforts, and to improve/evaluate/coordinate administrative procedures for onboarding new international students on a regular basis. May represent IA&R /GEO/UNM to international partners, foreign agents, governmental agencies, funding agencies, national organizations, and/or the public; may represent the principal executive at various community and/or business meetings, as assigned. Ability to adapt and modify communication mediums and in-person or remote services to meet the needs in a changing environment when required. Actively troubleshoot issues as they arise as they relate to admissions records, scholarships, and other concerns. Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Completed applicable degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Comprehensive professional expertise and applied knowledge in all aspects of international enrollment management
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures related to international recruitment and admissions.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions for streamlining and updating existing recruitment and admission practices.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to effectively connect and communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced evaluative and objective critical thinking skills, especially as it relates to data generation and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of digital operating and customer relationship management systems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports for executive leadership and public dissemination.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, development, and administration within a public education institution.
- Skill in organizing resources including unit budget and establishing priorities for direct reports.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in the IA&R unit.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops to prospective students, their families, high school guidance counselors and foreign agents.
- Travel both internationally and domestically to attend recruiting events and conduct international student outreach. Evening and weekend commitments are to be expected when working with international partners, and a high degree of initiative and self-direction are expected.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- Identified positions in this classification may require specialized certification in an area of competency, depending on the specific needs of the designated role.
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Masters degree
- Extensive knowledge of social media trends and prior experience with international digital outreach.
- Documented experience in assessing ROI for outreach campaigns and recruitment campaigns.
- Proficient in a second language, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic
- Experience working internationally and/or with international students in an educational setting
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and engagement with professional organizations including AACRAO, AIRC, INTL ACAC, among others
Main - Albuquerque, NM
Global Education Office (064A)
Regular - Full-Time
Term End Date
Monthly: $4,551.73 - $6,833.33
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
As a condition of employment, eligible employees working greater than .25 FTE as determined by the New Mexico Education Retirement Act must make mandatory retirement contributions. For more information, review the Benefits Eligibility at a Glance grid.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date
Eligible for Remote Work
Eligible for Remote Work Statement
Eligible for hybrid remote work schedule with 2 days remote and 3 days in-person. Telecommuting available after proper onboarding and training.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
To Apply: After reviewing the full job posting, please submit your 1) resume, 2) a cover letter summarizing your prior experience and explaining how your skill set and existing professional knowledge relate to the position, and 3) provide contact information for three supervisory references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
The University of New Mexico requires all regular staff positions successfully pass a pre-employment background check. This may include, but is not limited to, a criminal history background check, New Mexico Department of Health fingerprint screening, New Mexico Children, Youth, and Families Department fingerprint screening, verification of education credentials, and/or verification of prior employment. For more information about background checks, visit https://policy.unm.edu/university-policies/3000/3280.html. Refer to https://policy.unm.edu/university-policies/3000/3200.html for a definition of Regular Staff.