About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 88+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 888,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 2200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate undergraduate student recruitment strategies, including the development of an annual undergraduate plan with attending action plans.
- Hire, train, supervise and mentor undergraduate staff members; inspire new thinking, courage and the highest standards of performance and teamwork. Manage with an eye towards professional development, transparency and staff engagement while ensuring all staff are achieving the needs of the department.
- Collaboratively develop marketing strategies to achieve enrollment goals, providing strong guidance and clear direction to the marketing department. Marketing materials include the development of a comprehensive, program-specific communication plan.
- Oversee the collection and organization of accurate data regarding all phases of the enrollment process; analyze the data and make data-driven enrollment projections and decisions; communicate the analysis to AIC administration to aid in institutional-wide planning and strategy development. Provide accurate weekly enrollment reports and narrative.
- Work closely with the Office of Financial Aid on new student packaging strategy, assisting in the management of the new student discount, evaluation of merit aid strategy, etc.
- Create strong relationships on and off-campus, representing the undergraduate programs at the highest level.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, programs, information systems, and controls for recruitment and admissions functions to assure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the operation. Create and continually update graduate admission procedures manuals.
- Analyze departmental data in order to provide strategic recommendations to senior leadership and support data requests as required by accrediting bodies and other external organizations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the VP for Admissions
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's Degree
- Preferred Field of Expertise: College recruitment and admissions
- Required Training/Cert: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours; ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment.
- Candidates must be available and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent to office and College in a professional manner and to conduct compelling and persuasive presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve as needed, especially under pressure
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service, and student focus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new database systems.
- Able to identify a need and take initiative to address that need.
- Experience training and supervising staff members on issues related to admission and recruitment. Able to develop training program that is comprehensive and effective.
- Able to contribute to a strong admissions leadership team and to develop strong and collegial relationships across campus.
Additional Information: Work Schedule
This is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt-level, benefits eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Candidates must be available and willing to work non-traditional hours as needed.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor and one of which must be a current or prior subordinate)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.