Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgias colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our universitys vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Job Summary
Provides leadership, guidance, supervision and support to a team of international education professionals and is responsible for the decisions that support the mission, goals, and objectives to drive student engagement and interest in international education.Provides organizational leadership and management, strategic planning, innovation, collaboration, and administrative guidance to international academic programs at the institution. Determines, and implements strategic goals and priorities in support of education abroad activities at the university. Oversees the education abroad processes including administration, application, development, training, orientation, safety and liability processes. Implements best practices, program maintenance, assessment and evaluation. Provides students diverse educational opportunities that contributes to the academic learning goals and overall career opportunities. Responsibilities
1. Manages education abroad programming and processes according to the institutions strategic plan for campus internationalization
2. Coordinates campus initiatives to support student access to education abroad programs and activities
3. Facilitates the development, implementation, refinement, and monitoring of education abroad programs and affiliations in order to meet learning outcomes, maximize student participation, and minimize risk to the university
4. Leads the Education Abroad Office, providing guidance, coaching, training, and performance management
5. Leads and collaborates towards innovative approaches to ensure that education abroad programs are integrated within academic degree programs
6. Leads interdisciplinary and staff meetings to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and policies and updates on new programs or department developments
7. Works closely with other campus departments to ensure integrity and compliance for all education abroad program participants
8. Collaborates with university leadership (Student Affairs, Risk Management & Safety, Research, Diversity & Inclusion) in developing institutional guidelines supportive of education abroad as well as to ensure integrity and compliance for all education abroad programming, participating students, faculty, and staff
9. Oversees education abroad development and implementation for multiple types of programs, including faculty-led study abroad programs, exchange programs (incoming and outgoing students), international student teaching programs, international internships, consortium programs abroad, institutional programs, and third-party provider education abroad programs
10. Manages the promotion of education abroad on campus, including outreach to students
11. Coordinates KSUs annual Pre-Departure Orientation Workshop Series and mandatory Online Pre-Departure Orientation modules
12. Oversight of data collection, processing, and analysis relevant to program evaluation across various programs and services for the purpose of monitoring and assessing program impact and success
13. Monitors and updates education abroad policies and procedures to ensure compliance with standards; ensures proper documentation and communication of policies and procedures
14. Serves as Chair of the Education Abroad Faculty Standing Committee (of the Faculty Senate), organizing and leading quarterly meetings and contributing to institutional leadership areas in education abroad Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field Required Experience
Five (5) years of experience in higher education marketing, international education and/or student affairs Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous leadership experience in higher education advising or teaching
Experience working with undergraduate and graduate students
Previous experience working in an education abroad office Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to research and articulate country-specific regulations
Able to maintain working relationships with faculty, colleges/departments, other U.S. institutions, and foreign partners to promote education abroad programs
Able to gather and analyze information and present data Familiarity with best practices surrounding data integrity and design/implementation of research in applied settings
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time and meet assigned deadlines KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of education abroad process, policies, and program procedures
Knowledge of essential elements of pre-departure and re-entry programming for students
Knowledge of general grade and credit conversion practices, financial aid regulations, and policies and federal regulations influencing the flow of students worldwide
Knowledge of passport and visa regulations and requirements
Knowledge of scholarship opportunities
Knowledge of intercultural learning pedagogy; experience with Terra Dotta software for education abroad (StudioAbroad); experience using statistical software (Excel Analysis ToolPak, SPSS)
Knowledge of technology, social media, and data management techniques as it relates to study abroad
Knowledge and theories of student engagement best practices and advising
Knowledge of and experience with computerized survey data collection and tracking (i.e. SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics), as well as integration of survey data with files generated from other databases SKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
This position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time Background Check
- Standard Enhanced
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.