Admissions Counselors represent the College on and off campus at admission and recruiting events, to include events at high schools, college fairs, hosting prospective students and parents; and perform a variety of admission functions for the College. Job Duties (but not limited to):
- Effectively manage an assigned territory through recruitment travels, prospective student interviews and group sessions
- Receive and evaluate applications from prospective freshman and transfer students to check applications for discrepancies and omissions
- Follow-up with prospective and admitted students
- Schedule and host visiting students and parents
- Evaluating official transcripts and standardized test scores
- Provide admission counseling for students and families
- Effectively execute communication with prospective students via on-campus interviews, phone and email correspondence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a private, liberal arts setting.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license
- Ability to articulate the values and outcomes of a liberal arts institution and demonstrate a commitment to private liberal arts and sciences education.
- Demonstrate excellent public speaking and writing skills and possess the ability to effectively establish and maintain strong working relationships with students, parents, staff, faculty and others.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to maintain accurate records while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented team environment
- Must have knowledge and skills to effectively use information technology
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule (i.e., weekends and evenings as occasionally required)
LaGrange College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.