Depends on Qualifications Location :
Shreveport, LA Job Type:
Unclassified Job Number:
186352 VC Stud Affairs 112023 Department:
LSU-Shreveport Opening Date:
11/13/2023 Closing Date:
12/15/2023 11:59 PM Central
For additional information concerning this job posting contact:
LSUS Department of Human Resource Management
Room 108 Administration Building, LSUS
LSUS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. For more information about LSU Shreveport go to
LSUS is a State As a Model (SAME) employer that promotes affirmative strategies and goals for employment of individuals with disabilities.
Louisiana State University in Shreveport (LSUS) seeks an accomplished, energetic, and visionary individual to serve as the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (VCSA). Reporting directly to the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor will provide leadership and oversight for the newly formed Division of Student Affairs, with overall responsibility for Recruitment, Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Life, Career Services, Student Success, Title IX, Veterans Support, Housing, Counseling, Institutional Research, Scholarships, Continuing Education, Events and Community Initiatives. The preferred starting date is January 1, 2024. Role of the VC for Student Affairs:
The VCSA will work collaboratively with a dynamic team of senior leaders, and lead a team of strong, innovative, and collaborative Student Affairs professionals who are dedicated to enhancing student success and strengthening the experience of LSUS students by prioritizing student readiness, health and wellbeing, equity and inclusion, and leadership development. The new VCSA will also be responsible for developing a strategic approach to housing and student life. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VCSA will exert leadership across the university and will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and executing a strategic plan for a newly formed Division of Student Affairs;
- Providing leadership in the evaluation and professional development of student affairs personnel;
- Developing the division's budget and providing oversight for effective resource management;
- Fostering a culture of transparent and consistent communication with staff in the division, as well as with university partners; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Louisiana State University Shreveport is a regional university within the greater Louisiana State University system, with an enrollment of more than 9,000 students (1/3 Undergraduate, 2/3 Graduate), including innovative online graduate programs. LSUS enrolls students from around the U.S. and the world, in undergraduate through doctoral level programs. LSUS is located in the city of Shreveport, LA, in Northwest Louisiana, close to the Texas and Arkansas state lines. For additional information about LSUS, visit . Minimum Qualifications:
- A Master's degree from a regionally accredited university is required;
- A strong record of progressively responsible and relevant university leadership experience in Student Affairs, with a minimum of five years of experience at the level of Associate Vice Chancellor (or the equivalent) or above;
- An awareness of current trends in higher education and a commitment to student development and success;
- Exceptional organizational, communication (both written and oral), and interpersonal skills;
- Significant and successful experience in managing complex budgets and in staff evaluation and professional development;
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- A commitment to shared governance and a consultative leadership style.
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited university;
- Record of leading the execution of a successful strategic enrollment management plan;
- Record of successfully leading change in a complex organization
- Experience teaching in a university setting
The following documents must be included with application: CV or resume Five professional references Cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position, and answering the following prompts: Philosophy of Academic Success:
Please provide an in-depth explanation of your philosophy regarding academic success and student support. Discuss your core beliefs about how academic success can be fostered and sustained, as well as the key principles that guide your approach to student support. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
How would you promote equity, diversity, and inclusion within the realm of academic success? Share your strategies for creating an inclusive environment that supports the success of students from all back grounds. Student-Centered Support:
How would you ensure that academic support services are tailored to individual student needs? Discuss your methods for providing personalized assistance and fostering a student-centered approach. Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement:
Discuss your approach to collaborating with faculty, administrators, staff, and students to enhance academic success initiatives. Provide examples of how you would foster strong partnerships to ensure the success of academic support programs.
Benefits for unclassified employees are determined by the individual hiring authority.