USC Online is seeking an Admissions Advisor to counsel and guide prospective students throughout the admission process. The Admissions Advisor will support admissions inquiries, providing exemplary service to prospective students and applicants, managing and reviewing applications, coordinating communication during the application process, assisting with data collection and reporting, and working with other departments to manage internal and external information flows. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, comfortable in decision making and counseling applicants, organized and skilled in project management, and an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
USC Online is a center of excellence in online education, with the goal of providing operational capacity to schools in market research, online strategy, program marketing, enrollment and admissions. As we build the team we are looking for collaborative individuals comfortable in a start-up environment and dedicated to producing the highest quality work.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to listen to internal/external customers and to understand and respond positively to requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Connect with prospective students by telephone, email, web conference, through online presentations and via online chat to advise prospective students on USC Online programs.
- Use a consultative approach to help guide students through the decision making process.
- Coordinate review of graduate applications with graduate enrollment team.
- Provide outstanding student centric service to applicants and prospective applicants.
- Collaborate with academic departments to ensure thorough review of applicant admissions eligibility and acceptance process.
- Work in conjunction with USC financial aid department to ensure student financial aid is processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Counsel applicants one-on-one on admission policies and procedures. Evaluate and offer solutions to applicant problems and requests regarding admission.
- Coordinate application completion activities with Graduate Admission Coordinators, students, university admission offices, and individual departments
- Communicate in person, by telephone and in writing with domestic and international students about status of admission applications.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- Assist in maintaining USC Online admission website pages and communication templates.
- Stay current on a wide range of university policies, school-wide policies, and online educational trends affecting graduate students, admission and recruitment practices for professional programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $27.00-$30.77. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Counseling skills and/or academic advisement experience
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: