Job Description - Adjunct Instructor - College Education-Trident University International (43939) **Job Description**
Adjunct Instructor - College Education-Trident University International ( **Job Number:**
43939 ) **Primary Location**
United States-California-Cypress **Description**
Reporting to the Director Doctoral Studies and Dissertation or Doctoral Study Committee Chair, the Part-time Dissertation Committee Member will serve as a voting member on a Dissertation or Doctoral Study Committee within a discipline for which they are properly credentialed. The position is critical to the success of the University by providing a quality education for students and ensuring their successful persistence towards the completion of their degree plans.
**Essential Functions: Instruction and Engagement**
* Serve as a voting Member on a student(s) PhD Dissertation Committee or Ed.D./DBA Doctoral Study Committee.
* Provide constructive feedback on a student(s) written proposal and dissertation.
* Feedback is provided in a reasonable time 2 weeks at most.
* Attend the on-line oral defenses of the student(s) proposal and dissertation.
* Effectively engage with the Dissertation or Doctoral Study Chair as needed.
* To serve as a Dissertation or Doctoral Study Committee Member at the graduate level, a terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in a relevant discipline is required1.
* Ph.D. Committee Members: Minimum of three (3) years field and/or research experience related to terminal degree and after degree conferral.
* Must be active in field of scholarship or profession during the prior 5 years.
* Experience in teaching and mentoring doctoral students.
* Strong quantitative skills or qualitative skills.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Significant experience as a practitioner in field related to the academic discipline of the dissertation(s) or doctoral study.
**Skills and Abilities**
* Ability to provide substantive, constructive feedback in a timely manner
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to formulate feasible and logical solutions