Admissions AdvisorRasmussen UniversityFort Myers, FL
For over a century, Rasmussen University has provided higher education options and stayed true to our mission to meet the evolving needs of our diverse communities to create well-rounded professionals, ready for in-demand careers. From our first campus opening in 1900 and leading the industry in online education, we have paved the way for our students and our employees.
We are continuously growing and we are seeking individuals who are highly driven, sales minded and can bring strong communication skills to our Admissions team. Rasmussen is passionate about raising awareness around diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome authenticity and we want your true "authentic self" to join our team!
The Admissions Advisor is the first line of support and guidance for students entering Rasmussen University and therefore represents the best of Rasmussen University. The Admissions Advisor has a direct and significant ability to impact and influence the lives of aspiring students, their families and the communities in which they live. The success of our student's future starts with our Admissions Advisor who will guide our students on a path for long-term success. Responsibilities:
The Admissions Advisor will leverage his/her passion for learning to motivate individuals to transition from not just thinking about but to ultimately enrolling in one of Rasmussen's industry leading, innovative and accredited online programs which include the School of Nursing, the School of Justice Studies, the School of Technology & Design, the School of Health Sciences, the School of Business and the School of Education.
- Ongoing effort to support and contribute to Rasmussen's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Act as first point of contact for prospective students considering enrolling at Rasmussen University.
- Engage prospective students via telephone, email, click to chat and text messaging about their future with the goal of enrollment into Rasmussen University.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and ability to effectively relate to and work with prospective students from diverse backgrounds.
- Conduct conversations with prospective students to assess needs, showcase the benefits of a Rasmussen University education and facilitate the enrollment process into the University.
- Demonstrate a high level of program knowledge to assist students with his/her questions and to meet specific student recruitment goals each quarter.
- Manage and update student database, application paperwork and follow up documentation.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the University's programs, student services and area colleges.
- Build relationships that lead to growth opportunities through engaging local high schools, businesses and other members of the communities we serve.
- Work effectively with co-workers as part of the student services team to ensure each student's experience with the University is professional, service-focused and productive.
The Admissions Advisor will report to the Director of Admissions and/or an Associate Director of Admissions. The Director of Admissions reports to the Assistant Vice President of Admissions. Requirements:
- Associates degree required; bachelors strongly preferred. Rasmussen will consider meaningful educational, work and/or military experience in exchange for degree requirements where appropriate.
- 1+ years prior sales/consultative selling experience with consistent track record of meeting and/or exceeding metrics preferred; those who have a customer service background will also be highly considered with ability to prove they have a past of being persistent in achieving work related goals/duties.
- Self-driven and comfortable making multiple outbound calls per day (high volume) to generate interest, qualify students and drive the enrollment process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a strong phone presence.
- Passion and enthusiasm for helping and empowering others to succeed.
- Ability to succeed as an individual contributor that can meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under limited direct day to day management.
- Demonstrates ability to leverage internal relationships with other departments to move students through the enrollment process.
- Knowledge in Salesforce a plus.
- Contributes an infectious, positive, can-do attitude to the team.
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit www.rasmussen.edu. At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee's differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.