Family Liaison with the Department Of Student Services
Salary: Years of experience will be considered
Start Date: February 5, 2024
The Family Liaison will perform interviews and prepare socio-cultural reports, as well as, oversee Foster Care Liaison, and assist with the Family Assessment and Planning Team. This position will ensure student have the most appropriate education settings to optimizing academic success. The Family Liaison will collect, interpret, and synthesizes information about a student's development, medical history, academic history, adaptive functioning, community environment, family dynamics by providing strategic services that identify and address the social-emotional-environmental issues that interfere with the educational process, and to work with parents/guardians, teachers, school principal/principal's designee, and community based liaisons to acquire resources to implement strategies that promote students' positive school achievement.
- Complete sociocultural assessments and adaptive behavior scales reflecting referred students' developmental delays and learning challenges.
- Establishing positive relationships with parents and guardians.
- Assist parents in their efforts to access community resources for their children through phone calls, home visits, and school meetings.
- Link families and students to available community resources and coordinate needed support, including financial aid, housing, childcare, medical care, early education interventions, emergency aid, and mental health assistance.
- Attend Family Assessment and Planning Team meetings as needed, and provide case management for students who require FAPT funded services.
- Advocate for student and family involvement and engagement with the academic process and necessary supports.
- Submit reports required by the Director for Student Services in a prompt manner.
- Serve on school and/or community teams as needed.
- Determine school wide needs for specific services through consultation with the principal and school staff , establish priorities for service delivery within assigned schools, and perform specialized social work in an educational setting to enable students to perform successfully in the areas of academics, behavior, and culture.
- Provide in-service training to teachers and administrative staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Services.
- Travel to and from meetings at various locations are be required.
- Assisting with transition services for students. (PERT, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work/Education from an accredited college or university
- Background knowledge in social work
- Individual must have experience working with students at least two years in a school setting.