Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a full-time Assistant Dean for International & Off-Campus Study.
- Location: F&M Campus - Lancaster, PA
- Classification: Full-time / Exempt
- Schedule: 40 hours, Monday - Friday.
- Reports to: Associate Dean for International Initiatives
- Department: International Programs
The Assistant Dean supervises an OCS Advisor and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the off-campus study program at the College. The Assistant Dean plans and executes communication flow and programming, directs and assesses off-campus study advising, and liaises with a wide range of offices and units at the College. The Assistant Dean creates processes and communicates with students and faculty to facilitate the course approval/credit transfer process.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for International Initiatives, the Assistant Dean is an integral member of the Office of International Programs team, which includes International Student Services and International/Multilingual Academic Support. As such, the Assistant Dean participates in strategic planning around education abroad and internationalization at F&M.
F&M has been recognized for its innovative and highly successful OCS advising structure, built on a philosophy of academic integrity and inclusion. The off-campus study participation rate mirrors or exceeds the demographic make up of the student population, meaning that students traditionally underrepresented in OCS (eg, first-gen, Pell eligible, students of color) are fully represented in our education abroad participants. The Assistant Dean position offers a wonderful opportunity for an energetic and creative professional to continue to build on an already successful program.
- Directs the advising process for off-campus study, supervises the OCS Advisor and also serves as an advisor.
- Oversees the Summer Travel Award process and is responsible for risk management procedures for all students pursuing summer study or research abroad.
- Liaises with other campus units, including Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Affairs and Health/Wellness to create a holistic support system for off-campus study students.
- Creates and executes programming and communication flow for prospective, current and returned off-campus study students
- Creates structures and communicates with students and faculty to facilitate the course approval/credit transfer process.
- All other duties as assigned.
To learn more about International Programs, please click HERE. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4-7 years of experience with International Programs and/or experience with off-campus study.
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Slides).
- Master's Degree.
- Proficiency with Databases and Web Development.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events. To learn more about our Benefits, please visit our Benefits Page.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. Application Instructions:
All submitted materials must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received. Individuals who need accommodations due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3996.
If you experience difficulty submitting your resume or cover letter, please CLICK HERE for assistance. If you have previously applied online to a position at Franklin & Marshall College and want to check on your submission or make changes, please CLICK HERE to log back into your account.