Director of Student Services High School Campus Department
Teaching & Learning Reports To
Executive Director of Student Services Classification
District Office Salary
On schedule Length of Contract
'This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.' Job Summary
The Director of Student Services, under the guidance of the Executive Director of Student Services ensures high quality instruction, equitable access and learning opportunities for all students. The Director of Student Services, in collaboration with District leaders and principals, is responsible for the implementation and development of the District Equitable Multi-level System of Supports framework across all schools and provides knowledge, guidance, and support to braid academic, social and emotional, and behavioral systems at the universal, selective, and intensive levels to increase student achievement for all students. The responsibilities under this position include, student safety and well-being, attendance procedures, discipline procedures, school counselors, social workers, school nurses, alternative education, and the English Learners Program. In addition, this position ensures compliance with all laws, policies, codes and regulations related to Student Services. The Director of Student Services will evaluate assigned personnel as needed and perform other related work as required.Essential Job Functions
Ancillary Job Functions
- Provides leadership and vision to ensure compliance in matters relating to student discipline, alternative education, child welfare and attendance, guidance services, and school safety.
- Collaborates with district staff, families, and the community in developing and implementing services and/or programs.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates educational programming in order to ensure continuous program improvement for the benefit of all students.
- Incorporates policies and procedures in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Guides, directs, and participates in serious discipline processes, including student suspensions and expulsions.
- Ensures that all practices in the district are legal and ethical for each student/family so that each child has the opportunity to achieve at a high level and be prepared for post-secondary success.
- Manages fiscal resources from the General Fund and state/federal grants; prepares budgets and directs spending; and monitors maintenance for the purpose of fiscal efficiency in providing required services.
- Supervises and evaluates pupil services staff.
- Develops and updates the course catalog.
- Oversees Title III and VI programming.
- Provides direction, coordination, and guidance to the district's counseling services and outside contracted services, as needed.
- Organizes and conducts training opportunities for district staff.
- Coordinates the work of all school based mental health professionals in the district.
Required Qualifications 'Required qualifications to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Prepares documentation and reports data to the Arkansas Department of Public Instruction for the purpose of providing written support, conveying information, and complying with federal and state regulations.
- Ensures continuity of work for the building principals and dean of students
- Writes district Board policy for pupil services as required to ensure program consistency and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Attends Board of Education Meetings as needed.
- Acts as hearing and truancy officer for discipline and attendance concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications'Highly desired education, training, and/or experience that may be helpful in performing the job, if applicable.'
- Master's degree in Education, Educational Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of five years' experience working directly with students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities'May be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.'
- Three or more years of PreK-12 teaching experiences.
- Previous building or district level experiences.
- Experience with behavioral or social and emotional programs.
- Bilingual/bicultural skills.
- Knowledge of organizational systems, the role of public education in the United States, racial equity, social justice, culturally relevant instruction/practices, and special education laws and practices.
- Ability to collaborate with families and community members of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to manage personnel and programs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of curriculum and research-based programming.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin and federal education laws/regulations and district policies.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and to meet deadlines.
'Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of the job.'
- Normal office environment and moderate noise levels.
'The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.'
- Regularly required to talk and listen.
- Must be able to work at desk/computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on computer and/or related office equipment.
- Salary determined by level of experience, qualifications met, and years of service.