Summary of Position: This role oversees the faculty coordination activities for all F1 International student undergraduate and graduate programs and courses, scheduling assigned instructors to courses, faculty training and norming, and faculty performance. This position also assists with assessment and provides input on curriculum improvements to ensure a positive F1 student experience and learning outcome achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Faculty Coordination
- Coordinate with Faculty Services to ensure effective instructors and teaching assistants are assigned appropriate courses
- Ensure faculty are onboarded and culturally appropriate for teaching effectiveness in hybrid delivery for F1 students
- Troubleshoot problems to ensure a positive learning experience between faculty and students
- Program Oversight
- Assist in program assessment and assurance of learning
- Conduct regular assessment of faculty and teaching assistant effectiveness
- Provide input on curriculum changes to ensure student learning outcomes are achieved
- Attend residencies to ensure a quality classroom experience
- Assist in determining faculty budget projections for each Fiscal Year
- Manage a team of four direct reports
- Teaching opportunities are available depending on the candidate's qualifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Master's degree in either Information Technology, Data Analysis, Management, Business, or a related field is required
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across departments to ensure projects are completed
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Background in working with international student preferred
- Embraces and clearly articulates the mission, vision, and values of the University
- Proven strong leadership capacity
- Interest in the study of trends, and future industry disruptions
- Knowledge of and experience in higher education
- Ability to lead projects and people representing differing perspectives
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A growth mindset, a willingness to learn new skills, and self-motivated
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite), project management software skills (e.g. Smartsheet), as well as familiar with business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI)
- Works well as a part of a team and values collaboration and team development
- Well-organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks at one time
- A strong work ethic and able to set and accomplish personal and professional goals
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member's earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 20 Nov 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Dec 2023 Eastern Standard Time