General Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the principal or of a teacher, relieves teachers of school activities which do not require teaching or other professional skills
- Relieves teachers such as yard, hall, lavatory, study hall and other monitorial and patrol duties
- Handles, stores, and distributes text books, instructional supplies and special materials
- Assists with clerical work of a routine nature
- Assists in maintaining order in the lunchroom and facilitates lunch service
- Maintains school inventories
- Assists with school clerical work of a routine nature.
- Checks reports, notes, library lists, etc.
- Handles the arrival and departure of children transported to school by bus.
- Receives the children in the lunchroom, directs them in washing, in disposal of wraps, and in lining up for lunch service.
- Additional duties as requested by teacher or principals
- Facilitates the service of lunch to young children. Assists older children in obtaining lunch. Oversees the return of dishes and utensils and the disposal of refuse.
Minimum Selection Criteria
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work with supervisors and other school-based staff
- Demonstrated history of good human relations
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently carry out assignments
- Bilingual candidates may be considered for schools with student or familial language needs
Anticipated Work Schedule
Monday-Friday. Hours vary by school. Minimum of 4 Hours per day, five days per week
As Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Anticipated positions are subject to final budgetary approval. All applicants are subject to a fingerprint and background check. Please send cover letter and resume to the school(s) of your choice, no later than 12/12/2023 to:
School: Marble Hill School for International Studies
Location: 99 Terrace View Avenue, Room # 822
Bronx, NY 10463
Attention: Kirsten Larson, School Principal
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
The Department of Education of the City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's actual or perceived sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or pregnancy. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.