The University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) is committed to promoting excellence through diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. In keeping with the academic mission of the University of California, UCEAP recognizes that diversity is integral to the University’s achievement of excellence and strives to create an environment that is welcoming for all. UCEAP upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and adheres to the University of California Diversity Statement. Through international academic experiences, UCEAP inspires students to explore and transform their lives, UC, and the world. Since 1962, UCEAP has served as the UC systemwide study abroad program, supporting this mission and serving over 100,000 students across all 10 UC campuses and over 30,000 international exchange students. UCEAP typically has over 6,000 student participants annually and is active in over 40 countries worldwide. Sustained by strong academic excellence, spirited faculty collaboration and an interrelated support system, UCEAP produces future global citizens and thought leaders. www.uceap.universityofcalifornia.edu
Brief Summary of Job Duties
Reporting to the Associate Program Director, the Applications/Enrollment Manager, Global Programs (Manager) is responsible for supervising and managing the day-to-day operations and work assignments for their assigned Program Specialists within UCEAP's Global Programs unit. The Manager conducts performance evaluations and resolves personnel issues for direct reports, while also providing ongoing development and feedback. In collaboration with UCEAP HR and other UCEAP units, leads the onboarding programs for new staff hires and oversees the continual development and maintenance of related training materials and procedures. Serves as the primary application policies and procedures liaison with relevant UC campus student services units and internal UCEAP units, collaborating with senior personnel as necessary. Works on the development of Global Programs operations policies and procedures, proposes new policies in consultation with the APD, and collaborates with the Research unit on application-related data and analysis. Implements strategic operational initiatives and manages application operations resources, instructions, and timelines. Additionally, the Manager coordinates with various teams, including IT and Marketing, Communications, and Engagement (MC&E), to address application resource needs for the Program Specialists. Collaborates with other Global Programs unit Managers on outreach events and works with campus partners and host institutions to meet enrollment goals. Oversees collaborative efforts from campus and systemwide stakeholders to maximize the overall efficiency of the application intake process. Coordinates office visits from international partners and study centers, as well as UCEAP events for the Global Programs unit. #LI-KA1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and/or training.
- 7+ years' experience in higher education and student services.
- Ability to interpret and apply government or other organizational policies, requirements, or regulations.
- Excellent oral, written, and Interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively engage a variety of diverse and multicultural populations.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, learn, and build trust among faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent research skills and demonstrated history of critical analysis.
- Skill in obtaining, compiling, and conveying information clearly and with accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of higher education policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Ability to anticipate and quickly identify problems, demonstrating reasoned judgment and original ideas to make decisions about and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and coordinate within a diverse and complex organization.
- Ability to identify measures of system performance and actions to improve performance.
- Resourcefulness and creativity in drafting/recommending new policies and procedures.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in project management or team leadership, supervising and managing administrative units or staff.
- Significant experience living, studying, or working abroad.
- Experience working in Education Abroad with an intimate knowledge of ongoing trends and issues in the field.
- Experience utilizing IT tools (project management, CRM, database integration and management, etc.) to build and execute process maps and close efficiency gaps.
- Master's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience and/or training.
- Special Conditions of Employment
UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment
Satisfactory conviction history background check
The UCEAP Systemwide Office is located in Goleta, CA (near the UCSB campus.
Eligible for a hybrid work arrangement which may require presence at the UCEAP Systemwide Office for occasions such as leadership and staff meetings, foreign delegation visits, training, study abroad fairs, etc. The University is unable to pay or reimburse expenses prohibited by University policy, including travel expenses associated with commuting to the designated office.