Outreach & Admissions Counselor Reports To
OA/CTS Manager Department
Outreach and Admissions/Career Transition Services FLSA STATUS
Non-Exempt Primary Position Objectives Responsible for meeting Center and contract arrival goals through community outreach and involvement to attract eligible applicants that can benefit from participation in the Job Corps Program. Additionally, supports student retention throughout program enrollment. Position Responsibilities Key Responsibilities Brief Description of Duties Administration Procedures
Position Competencies Key Competencies Performance Standards/Results
- Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information on each one.
- Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
- Maintain monthly goals established by the PRH and management.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Arrange for and assist in providing pre-enrollment orientation; schedule tours of the center.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach.
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student recruitment.
- Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
- Introduce labor market information to help with the career transition period process and analyze career paths in local labor market.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and oral for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Written communication must be clear, concise, easy to read and comprehend.
Organization of Work
- Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Continually seek ways to improve the service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Initiates and responds to suggestions for improving service.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point and Excel. Experience
Two years related experience. Experience may include successful Job Corps outreach and admissions experience or successful outreach and admissions experience with other youth development programs. Education
Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field; or Associate’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science,
communications, or closely related field, and two years related experience. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver’s License. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
Thisis not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.