- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Organizational Behavior, Counseling, Leadership, or relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience providing academic and support services to a diverse population of students at the college or university level plus supervisory/management experience.
- Significant program leadership experience within higher education.
- Demonstrated managerial, team leadership, time management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of data reporting systems (i.e. BANNER, MS Access, MS Excel, etc.)
- Interdisciplinary committee work; management and leadership experience in higher education
Unless otherwise required by an applicable collective bargaining agreement, all minimum, additional and desired qualifications are preferred, but qualifications, degrees, and/or experience deemed comparable and/or equivalent by Oakland University in its sole and exclusive discretion may be considered.
Position Details Position Purpose
Lead and manage advising team, actively participating in the delivery of academic advising and student services for all current, prospective, and post-baccalaureate students seeking undergraduate academic programming within the School of Health Sciences. (The Undergraduate Academic Advising office provides academic and career planning for thousands of students on main campus and at Macomb University Center.)
Work directly with faculty, staff, and administration implementing degree requirements and determining course equivalencies. Lead teams in providing services for student success, and ensure resolution of conflicts by engaging with faculty and administration as needed.
Provide administrative support to SHS department chairs, program directors/coordinators, deans and others as assigned.
Provide reports on enrollment and student data essential to planning for future semester schedules. Communicate with administration and faculty regarding course offerings and sequence. Monitor registration and course offerings each semester, providing timely information, particularly during enrollment periods when adding sections to meet student demands are necessary for retention of SHS students.
In collaboration, serve as liaison in the development of articulation agreements with other colleges and universities.
Supervise, train, provide mentoring and staff development for SHS full-time academic advisers, clerical technical administrative assistants, intern/graduate assistants, and student employees.
Actively collaborate and provide management, where assigned by the Dean, with all SHS personnel providing student support and service functions (e.g. ECLIPSE, Student Career Ambassadors).
Lead, supervise, and monitor the integration and delivery of technological advising services to current and prospective online students. Manage the SHS academic advising student databases. Advise the university team implementing degree audit systems.
Job Open Date 10/30/2023 Job Close Date