Department: Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
Sub department: Student Services
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Salary: Start of $52,000 with actual offer based on experience and education
Duties and Responsibilities: • Responsible for the oversight of professional, support, and tutoring Student Services staff. Hire, train, and supervise staff, assess professional development, and manage the performance review process.
- Oversee the Accessibility Services for the main campus and instructional sites.
- Conduct student intake interviews, keep accurate student notes and records; review documentation; assess eligibility for services, prepare accommodation letters; organize reasonable accommodations, services and auxiliary aids, conduct follow up meetings.
- Assess students' academic support needs and make recommendations and referrals to appropriate community and campus services.
- Lead and represent Student Services in the day-to-day operations, ensuring the well-being of students, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels.
- Provide feedback regarding policies, procedures, and services, including risk management.
- Coordinate the student conduct process including facilitating formal and informal hearings and follow up on student complaints and grievances.
- Plan, organize, and administer activities and services that support students and ensure that these activities and services remain in budgetary limits. Coordinate student activities for the purpose of enhancing student engagement and complying with all relevant regulations of SOWELA and LCTCS.
- Assess student issues and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student and College in compliance with policy, procedure, and legal requirements.
- Assist in development of annual budgets for the department of Student Services.
- Monitor budgets of assigned programs to ensure that allocations are accurate, and expenses are within budget limits and fiscal practices are followed for all student organizations, including Student Government.
- Initiates personnel actions such as hiring, coaching, developing, evaluating, and disciplining. Prepares work schedules; assigns or delegates responsibilities. Monitors payroll and timesheets. Sets deadlines to ensure completion of the Student Services functions.
- Serve as the college Title IX Deputy Coordinator.
- Responsible for planning, controlling, communicating, and implementing procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: • Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: • Three years' experience in higher education in a role working with students, social services, mental health, counseling, or accessibility services or a combination thereof.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Education: • Master's Degree
Preferred Experience: • Three years' experience in Student Life or Student Services in a higher education environment.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.